hi,after 3 years of playing on crappy guitars now i want to invest on some good guitars.my purpose is to buy the guitars that support my need in the styles i like
.i like and play:thrash lead playing(hammett style) 2.petrucci style soloing 3.shredding like andy james(i'm an intermediate player and not advanced but i'm putting my best and i think i'll get better) and some general music playing.
i've chosen some buying plans that i like sorted buy the most i like:

1.buy esp mii for thrash playing-ltd h1007 seven string for my shredding-ibanez rg prestige used for soloing etc...
(this is my main plan but it's very expensive and i'm afraid of investing this much )

2.esp mii for thrash-ibanez rg 7 string for shredding and soloing etc...

3.ltd m1000 fr for thrash-ibanez rg 7 string for shredding and soloing etc...

4.ltd m1000 for thrash-ltd h1007-ibanez rg prestige 6 string

and the plan problems:the first is the best:mii great for soloing hammet style-h1007 fixed bridge for shredding and ibanez for soloing
the second and third problem is i want a fixed bridge 7 but in soloing i want a floydrose bridge
the third and fourth problem is i think mii is far better tha m1000
and about pickups i think a dimarzio is better for soloing and for shredding i like emgs

so any plan suggestions? my main choices are around ibanez-esps -ltds
thanks
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
You know, you can play thrash and shred on the same guitar, right? For the money spent on 2 intermediate guitars, you could certainly buy one very quality jack-of-all-trades.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I think that learning how to construct proper sentences is the first thing you need to do. It took me a while to decipher your post.

On topic; I agree with JustRooster. Shred and thrash are not a great deal apart.
JustRooster is right, buying 1 high quality jack-of-all-trades, if you buy one the same price as 2 add together then you juts bought yourself one EXCELLENT guitar that you can play anything on and its less of a hassle than buying 2 guitars and switching between them every time you want to play something different and everything else the goes wih it
I honestly still don't even know what's going on. I guess I agree with the others. Why do you need a different guitar for every single different thing. How is "shredding" different from "soloing?" They are the same thing, only described differently and in different context. And thrash doesn't mean you need a whole different guitar either. I have 7 diff elec guitars, but that's because I choose to tune them differently and just enjoy having multiple axes and what not. But not because one of them can't "shred" or "play thrash."
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 31, 2011,
Get 1 good guitar, like a LTD M-1000/MH-1000 if you like ESP/LTD guitars.

You like Petrucci try a EBMM, even the Sterling line is good and affordable.

Buying 3 lowend guitars just gives you more guitars, buying 1 good guitar gives you build quality, sound, versitility mush better than any single that you listed.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Buying one guitar that is high end is the way to go, especially if you are playing live you don't want to be seen with a ton of low end equipment.
If your not playing live then its a waist of money.
schecter c7, carvin 727, ebmm jp7

3 guitars which are in different price brackets but are all excellent (i saw you said rg 7 hence why i listed sevenstrings)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
If you interested in shredding and other metal funny stuff etc, I recommend you to check Godin Redline series. My fella is owning one, It's awesome, because humbackers are lower than other guits.
Why would you need 3 guitars for genres which almost require the same type of qualities?
I mean, if you say you'll buy a Tele for Country and Blues and an Ibanez for shredding and metal, I'd understand.
But 3 guitars for similar high gain applications?
BTW, how about a new amp?
I understand if youd want a 6-string guitar aswell as a 7-string, but cheez... for "soloing" and stuff... gosh...

If I were you, Id just buy an M-II, thats a great guitar and capable of many different things. After that if you want/need a 7-string, buy an RG1527 or an ESP/LTD 7-string. Im currently saving up for an M-II, that damn things 1760e here, 1700/1760e atm... getting close!
1 - work out which kind of neck you prefer, the ESP neck or the Ibanez neck.
2 - buy one 6-string of whichever brand you prefer, then buy the 7-string version of the same guitar.
sorry for my typing problems,i'm persian
what i mean about soloing vs thrash and shredding is that playing in satriani or petrucci style needs dimarzio pickups but when i wanna play entersandman! for example it's better to play with emgs.
and for a seven my purpose is to change the tunings easily so it's better to not have floydrose,and that guitar is not suitable for soloing in thrash for example.i'm thinking more about the combinations (floyde or fixed-emg or dimarzio..-7 or 6..) to get the best decision. i'm asking about these combination possibilities
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Quote by james.hetfield
what i mean about soloing vs thrash and shredding is that playing in satriani or petrucci style needs dimarzio pickups but when i wanna play entersandman! for example it's better to play with emgs.
and for a seven my purpose is to change the tunings easily so it's better to not have floydrose,and that guitar is not suitable for soloing in thrash for example.i'm thinking more about the combinations (floyde or fixed-emg or dimarzio..-7 or 6..) to get the best decision. i'm asking about these combination possibilities

You don't need Dimarzios for Satriani and EMGs for thrash, that's straight bullsh*t.
IMO you should rather invest in a good amp which does the tones you want, your current one isn't anything too great.
Quote by james.hetfield

You don't need Dimarzios. You can easily do Satriani on a guitar that can do thrash. Since you want a seven string and a six string (which buying two would make sense) I'd say get the M-II, then if possible pick up an Agile 7 string, or perhaps a used ESP or Ibanez 7 string.
doy you consider ltd 1000 s high end guitars?are they good enough like esps or ibanez prestiges?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
I used to have one. For what you want to play, they'd be an excellent choice. They're not quite 'high end,' but I'd consider them "upper middle class" in a sense. The Prestiges and ESPs are the cream of the crop, and they carry the price tag accordingly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by grohl1987
1 - work out which kind of neck you prefer, the ESP neck or the Ibanez neck.
2 - buy one 6-string of whichever brand you prefer, then buy the 7-string version of the same guitar.

+1 Best advice so far.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X