Hey, recently I bought a vox ac4 and I like the sound which I'm getting but I feel a little limited at times because of its single tone knob. So I'm thinking of buying a EQ pedal but which one? Is it really worth while spending a lot of money on a mxr 6/10 band or a boss ge-7 or should I just go for a cheaper alternative like a Behringer EQ700 or a Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips (if I can find one that is...)
i have the dano and the boss....the boss is noisy as hell. stay away.
the dano is good to go.
A lot of people get the fish and chips as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive ones and they say it works great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I've no experience with the cheaper alternatives but my MXR 10 band is fantastic. It shapes my tone so well, one of my most important pedals in my opinion.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Owning both the Dano and the 10-band MXR, go for the MXR. worth the cash especially if you an find one used. I got mine for 50 with the power supply.
Quote by denied
the mxr 6 band will do you well. It is pretty affordable used.

Avoid the Boss.

This. I have the Boss and I hate it. Its pretty noisy.
Well I've been looking around and I can find the Danelectro but only on Thomann for around £36 which is weird because everywhere was selling them not so long ago. The Mxr 6 band seems a fair price and has 3 extra db's, but what I heard about the ten band is that two of the bands are useless for guitar is this true?