So I am trying to learn a new song, and it requires me to do a pull off, but when I try to do it, the string just stops making a sound, or goes really quiet, it doesn't make another note, please help!
How are you executing the pull off? Are you actually pulling off from the string?

That's where it get its name. You pull off from the string. It sounds to me like you're just lifting your finger up, deadening the note in the process.
Do a swift pull off, like triface said you shold not accidentally mute the note. And, if you use effects, a noise supressor can mute the pull off.
Oh right, see in the lesson i found they told you to just remove the finger, what sort of motion am I meant to be doing?
1. you might do it too slowly

2. your amp sucks

3. you might use some kind of noise supressor

4. you might have trouble muting the other strings and the pull-off gets lost in the feedback

And can you tell me how long have you been playing and what is the song your trying to learn?
If you want fuller sound you can try sweeping your finger off of the string instead of just lifting it.
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Remember that the puff off is NOT the opposite of the hammer on. When you pull of you need to pluck the string with your fretting finger at the same time, in the same motion. In layman terms, you need to lift the finger, not upwards in a way that would "just" lift the finger, but upwards and sideways, in a way that would lift the finger but pluck the string at the same time.

There are other ways to do it, but they won't be as fast or as simple or as clean. Practice makes perfect though, don't expect to handle it well in the first few hours of training it, it's a reasonably complex technique to master.
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• '96 Epiphone Rebel EM-1
• '10 Jackson JS32T Rhoads
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
• Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2mm
Quote by guitar/bass95
Just quickly lift your finger off the fret. Its very simple.

Nope. You have to pluck the string with your finger.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Remember that the pull off is NOT the opposite of the hammer on. When you pull of you need to pluck the string with your fretting finger at the same time, in the same motion.

This hits the nail on the head