Page 1 of 2
I haven't really being doing much except working , going on the computer, and going to the gym every other day. I stay up late and wake up late, and tbh it's kinda getting depressing.

What have you guys been doing for your summers?
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Sleep, guitar, computer and masturbating. You know? The usual.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by The_Casinator
A mix between insane adventures and doing f*ck all.

I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Last edited by hames jetfield at Jul 31, 2011,
Work, fishing, riding my motorcycle, guitar, hang out with friends, etc.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
So you're lamenting that everyday isn't momentous or a thrill?

Welcome to life!

The real tragedy would be if you wake up at 40 and all you have been doing is spinning the giant hamster wheel of work, doing nothing but mindlessly entertaining yourself and sleep. And after 40 the days, weeks and months seem to begin flying by and then you die at some point down the road.

So my advice: make plans as to how you are going to set yourself up for the rest of your life in a way that will make you feel proud and give you the widest possible array of options then go for it. That way, each passing day will seem to have a purpose attached to it.
Army basic training for most of it. Got 2 weeks leave at the moment and I'm just jumping the fence of a festival every weekend. Going to bust in and see Primal Scream tonight and then some local one next week. Then going to bust into boomtown fair and see Barrington Levy. Inbetween all that I'm gonna get shitfaced have BBQ's and exercise.
Quote by WastedxYears
I haven't really being doing much except working , going on the computer, and going to the gym every other day. I stay up late and wake up late, and tbh it's kinda getting depressing.

Wait...there's others like me?

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Working, Gaming, Filming Reviews and Specials on my Youtube channel, hanging out with friends, going to a Gaming Convention next Saturday, bidding on Casey Anthonys' car, y'know, the usual stuff.
Was supposed to go on a bike ride for those of you that remember, however my travelling partner's visa arrived really late, and last week I injured my wrists in a bike accident so that postponed the trip further. I sadly haven't done much, but it's one month left I'm not going to waste.

What I have been doing is a 2-week excavation, done several bike trips, hung out with people, etc. nothing very exciting.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Was supposed to go on a bike ride for those of you that remember, however my travelling partner's visa arrived really late, and last week I injured my wrists in a bike accident so that postponed the trip further. I sadly haven't done much, but it's one month left I'm not going to waste.

What I have been doing is a 2-week excavation, done several bike trips, hung out with people, etc. nothing very exciting.

"nothing very exciting"

dick.....
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
wake up, go to work, come home, chill at home, go to sleep

its all good though cause i currently love my job (to bad it ends in 2 weeks when i go back to uni) but i guess this a good thing since i am about to be a senior and will have to enter the work force next summer so this is what life becomes if you don't go to grad school
Work 9-6, go home and catch a couple hours of sleep, and go hang out with friends until around 3am, then go home, get a couple hours of sleep, and go back to work 9-6 again the next day.
Beach, camping, hiking, and roller coasters!!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

My summer has consisted mostly of working and smoking my brains out religiously. Went to 1 ballin' concert but that's about it.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
During the first half of summer I ate, slept, and watched movies. Now I'm reading and getting shit done. But still screwing around a lot. I've also been hanging iout with friends and stuff and interneting, obviously.
cat
Quote by CrawlingHorror

Welcome to life!

The real tragedy would be if you wake up at 40 and all you have been doing is spinning the giant hamster wheel of work, doing nothing but mindlessly entertaining yourself and sleep. And after 40 the days, weeks and months seem to begin flying by and then you die at some point down the road.

So my advice: make plans as to how you are going to set yourself up for the rest of your life in a way that will make you feel proud and give you the widest possible array of options then go for it. That way, each passing day will seem to have a purpose attached to it.

Brb, while I go and hang myself. Well done.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Sleeping, gardening, tidying, seeing friends, drinking, holiday.

Oh and preparing for other options aside from University.
Participated in my bro's wedding in Kansas, went balls-out in Louisville with my other bro in Kentucky, did some base jumping with some other bros over in California, now I'm with another bro in Mississippi, chillaxing here for a couple days. Just rocking out all over the country. Thinking about checking out Brazil next week.

Parties have been going on almost every night I've been home (some nights that I haven't ), I've started lifting again, and I'm trying to kick some of my drug habits. Three weeks so far.

And I guess that's all the stuff I really wanna share.

edit: And thank fuck for smartphones that allow me to post here while I'm off doing all this stuff.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 31, 2011,
Work.

Work.

Work.

Visiting the Pit.

Work.

Work.

Playing guitar.

Work.

Work.

Work.

Work.

Not celebrating with my friends the National Holiday and my birthday because of work.

More work.

Even more work.

What do you know, more work.

Stupid fucking job I never even wanted in the first place
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
I became famous

Writing, being with friends, football, holiday x2, music, walking - getting a girls attention but ultimately going nowhere - the usual.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
In June I got married and got a real job. Now I'm moving out of my shithole apartment into a 2-bedroom house. Fuck summer. Not only is it stupid hot and lacking in hockey, I don't even get a break for my trouble anymore.
Quote by CrawlingHorror

Welcome to life!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jul 31, 2011,
Maybe you suck.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
I've been going to a couple of festivals, trying to hang out with friends as much as possible before I go to Uni and never see any of them for the rest of my life. I've just returned from a family holiday and next week I'm working for about 3 weeks.

But I'm really just trying to do as much as possible, apart from today, I got home from work at 4am and it's Sunday and I'm being lazy.
I spent the first half grounded but now my friends are smoking me out almost everyday so its been one of my better summers.
Summer Sucks is one of my favourite South Park episodes, especially the end of the episode when Chef comes back from his holiday.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
drinking, weed, boating, drinking, camping, guitar, women, chillin, fireworks, more weed, waterworld, and more booze. and working....
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
I knew summer was going to be a waste of time if I didn't do anything so I opted to take a full summer semester at school. Turns out to be the most brutal summer ever. 9 classes, 5 of which involves major production projects due almost every week. I'm always sleep deprived and barely have time to eat. On top of that, I took 3 weeks out to be with my girlfriend which was like heaven but then I had to really pay for it when I came back.

Let's trade places.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 31, 2011,
Summer has been great. I haven't worked since June 5th; so I've been mainly relaxing. I went to Summer Fest, checked out some bands before seeing Kanye West & Kid Cudi. I've been working on expanding my vocabulary, drawing, and how to be a comedian. Recently I've started looking into screen-writing. I also went glow golfing which was fun. I'm going to a Milwaukee Brewers game. I've also been getting ready for college too. All in all, I'd say it's been a great summer.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Went to Spain, then worked and did nothing else for 6 weeks. Now i'm just enjoying the 5 weeks i get off before school, just lurking the internet, reading, hanging out with friends, going fishing.
Glad to see that there are others who share my predicament
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Was pretty boring for the most part, but every month there's this one day when a occasion arrives to get drunk and have fun. Last month was my cousin's birthday, and a couple of days ago I went to my godfather/other cousin to help him set up his computer, came back at midnight with puke on my left leg.
Mine's been good.

Guitar, sleep, friends, video games, working on my truck, vacations to Mt. Airy, NC and Kings Island in Ohio, more sleep, more guitar, and "job hunting." Can't really do the job thing until my truck gets completely fixed, though.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Page 1 of 2