Hi,
Between those 2 pedals, which one would you take ?...
I'm searching for a good delay pedal. I play indie / rock : like Sonic Youth, BJM, Pixies, White Stripes, Black Keys, etc...
Thanks for your help !
EHX DMM.
The only reason I'd get a carbon copy over it is because of a budget. And even then, I'd probably get something else
RIP Gooze

cats
$150 usd isn't exactly a budget pedal and since its one of the crappiest delays you can buy just make it terrible. Since you can buy a malekko 616 at that price and it completly destroys it in tone and features. The deluxe memory is pretty good too id try the two side by side. And by the two I mean the malekko and the ehx
The EHX has a better sound, and more versatility
The carbon copy is a bit too dark IMO

Seriously, the EHX is a couple of steps up.
+1 on the malekko being better than the carbon copy. But the EHX beats both IMO
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by losing battle
$150 usd isn't exactly a budget pedal and since its one of the crappiest delays you can buy just make it terrible. Since you can buy a malekko 616 at that price and it completly destroys it in tone and features. The deluxe memory is pretty good too id try the two side by side. And by the two I mean the malekko and the ehx

first time i have EVER heard anything bad about the carbon copy. it is all analogue which gives it a real smooth delay and it just sounds beautiful absolutely blowing anything within that price range out of the water. if you go into most guitar shops and ask for a delay recommendation, chances are they are going to say the carbon copy is there number one choice
They are not even alike. The #1 is a mediocre (at best) digital delay, the DMM is one of the best analog delays on the market.

edit: ^ Some people love the CC, but a lot of people don't. It's very dark and mushy and the modulation isn't really that good and not controllable at all..
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Aug 3, 2011,