Hi, I'm mainly a guitarist but I can play drums (only basic stuff, just for demos), my rhythm guitarist's brother gave up playing drums so let me have his kit, it's only cheap and I only have one mic so it sounds pretty bad. Seeing as I can't afford a full decent kit plus mics, what woulod be a decentish sounding drum pad I could use. One of those little things with all the drums built in. I know it won't sound as good as a proper kit, but it'll be better than what I've got now. Preferably under about £80 if possible. I only need it for demos really
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
just get EZ Drummer or superior drummer. It'll sound better than any cheapo electric practice pad you can find. And pirating is free.
I'd still want a pad though, I also need it to have a bass pedal
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I have a DD502, there are several manufacturers of it, which was fantastic for what I paid for it. It also has a slightly more expensive older brother, the DD506, which has a few cool features the 502 dosen't. There is a DD505 too, apparently, but I haven't heard much about them. Look at the Alesis DM5's too, they're pretty common. If you do want a better sound, you can just record from the module with a MIDI cable into something like EZDrummer anyway. You should be able to get a used one for fairly good money, might be slightly over budget though. Worth looking into anyway
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jul 31, 2011,
If you're in the U.K., check Thomann. My drummer uses e-drums in our practice room (saves wear & tear on the ears, LOL) and he uses the Thomann house brand. I think they're called "Millenium". We run the drums thru the mixer, add reverb and compression, EQ the whole thing and it actually sounds decent. It just takes a good bit of tweaking. It also makes recording a lot easier.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Quote by Jesus_Dean
If you're in the U.K., check Thomann. My drummer uses e-drums in our practice room (saves wear & tear on the ears, LOL) and he uses the Thomann house brand. I think they're called "Millenium". We run the drums thru the mixer, add reverb and compression, EQ the whole thing and it actually sounds decent. It just takes a good bit of tweaking. It also makes recording a lot easier.

Looking at them, they're basically the DD502 I was talking about, looking at the pads, chassis, pedals, and module, it's all identical. They just cost a bit less than the other brands. Good find!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_mps100_edrum_starter_set.htm
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.