I'm doing a build, and need to replace my 90's jackson LFR. (black hardware)
what is a good LFR? or where can i find the best deals on OFR's?
I'm open to all brands, and i can try my best to answer any questions to help you help me.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Warmoth sells some fairly cheap OFR's.

I have no idea about LFR's, I don't really like the one I have 'cos it's worn out completely and can't keep the tuning if I use it.
Thanks, i'm looking at Warmoth right now.
I'd still think that my budget wants a LFR, but i dont want a piece of SHIT tremolo on my custom guitar
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
The music Zoo has chrome ofr for 189.99 with free shipping or black for 199.99 with free shipping The originals have harder knife edges and will not wear out as fast. IF you get a lfr get a higher quality one some wear quicker than others.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=9663
http://www.themusiczoo.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=9664
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
i guess i'm asking which LFR's are the best?
as far as knife edge strength and ability to do flutters and the more intricate FR tricks.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
LFR's are perfectly fine. they perform the same as OFR's, its just made of cheaper material that will wear faster....but its still a long while
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
gotoh or schaller, probably. though they might not be much cheaper (if any) than the schaller OFR, if you're in the US. In Europe they're both a little cheaper.

EDIT: dunno about the GFS. I'd be wary...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it can't be worse than what i already have, so i figure i'll give the GFS a try, as i'll be ordering my other parts from them
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
I wouldn't go for GFS.

Go for an FR Special, or if you can afford it, an FRT-X000.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
FR Special's are decent? I wasn't sure on that.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
I'm not sure yet.

I'll be buying a blank of alder this week for the body, and after i see how much that runs me, i'll have a better idea of what i want to drop for a trem. (considering i'll be dropping another $100 for pickup, and about $50 for wiring/pots/soldering gun)
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Someone on UG MAKES Trems?
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ah, those.
i'm pretty sure his are a tad bit out of my price range.

also, please learn to english.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc