I've been playing for 2 years now and decided to upgrade my squier tele. I have £500 to spend and I play Rock, Blues, Punk and occasionally play jazz. I don't want a strat as everyone has one. What would you guys recommend?
any one of countless types of guitars from countless companies fit your "description"
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
why dont you go to your local guitar shop and try the guitar that fits you best id go from there xD
Classic Vibe Tele?
You could probably get a used MIA Tele with that money

Don't judge it by the name on the Headstock

EDIT: Not sure where you live but something like this might really suit you:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Classic-Player-Tele-Deluxe-Black-Dove-/190552259313?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c5dccbaf1
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jul 31, 2011,
Depending on what amp you have right now, you might consider an amp first.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
pick some crazy shape, but then ppl will all assume you play metal. TBH mate most fender or gibson guitars will be common, if you play a les paul or an SG, you'll be in the same problem as playing a strat or a tele - everyone plays one. so your only option is to play either another brand whose fender/gibson copy guitars arent too obviously copies. In terms of shapes look for - explorer, V, jaguar, rhoads v, king V, star shapes, ML. ESP, Jackson, dean, ibanez and bc rich all do some crazy shapes
basicly, almost any guitar can do that bud... it has more to do with what you like on a guitar... It's really stupid to come here start saying you what to buy... just check online stores if your lazy, then check the reviews And then, if you want, post here that question with the list of guitars you found nice

there's not much we can do...

If you can you should really do this (unless your like me and live 4 hours of plain away from any guitar store)
why dont you go to your local guitar shop and try the guitar that fits you best id go from there xD
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
^ I doubt he wants actives for blues, rock and jazz
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
pick some crazy shape, but then ppl will all assume you play metal. TBH mate most fender or gibson guitars will be common, if you play a les paul or an SG, you'll be in the same problem as playing a strat or a tele - everyone plays one. so your only option is to play either another brand whose fender/gibson copy guitars arent too obviously copies. In terms of shapes look for - explorer, V, jaguar, rhoads v, king V, star shapes, ML. ESP, Jackson, dean, ibanez and bc rich all do some crazy shapes

a guitar is supoust to sound good and look as you want... don't go for copy stuff if you actually wanna play good, i know that not every can buy good guitars, but a copy for a 2nd guitar is kinda crappy...

I'm a strat lover, i just make something on the paint of my guitar to make it unique... Just because every1 uses one it shouldn't make you stop from buying one, try the sound, if you like it, it will be up to you.

The look counts alot, but the sound matters as much... so chill, don't run into copies, if you have to save a few more cash and buy a real good one, waiting a few more won't kill you...
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.