Page 1 of 8
i'm seeing more and more threads asking philosophical questions. like what does your life mean and such other things.

whats happened, in my lurker days, and in my shorter time as a member, it was all silly threads with random points and no actual use but for amusement.

i'm confused, explain the philosophy thing to me?
i'm Ginger its fun
A lot of the funnier threads were banned and everyone else started thinking they're smarter. Then the flaming was cracked down on, so we all had to start acting more uhh... mature. And there you go.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Well The Pit would like to collectively apologize for thinking. I think you're looking for /b/.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I joined and classed the place up.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's been this way as long as I've been here, which is over a year now.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
When Confusius joined.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Probably because half of us are trying to work our way through warnings of one kind or another. Two more weeks. ..

Weeeeeee.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Because threads in the pit are all based around forum trends. Someone started a successful thread about a loosely philosophical topic, so other users, whether they consciously do it or not, start threads asking similar questions regarding loosely philosophical topics.

That's why we had all those phases other people mentioned.
Quote by madbasslover
Because threads in the pit are all based around forum trends. Someone started a successful thread about a loosely philosophical topic, so other users, whether they consciously do it or not, start threads asking similar questions regarding loosely philosophical topics.

That's why we had all those phases other people mentioned.

GTFO logic
because more of the pit needs to start smoking "marijuana"
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
It's summer and it's generally a time where alot of people grow up and reflect since they tend to be more lonely at this stage in the year because they have an exorbitant amount of time to waste.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by cornmancer
Did you miss the puns about a guy cutting his head off with a chainsaw?

i didn't they gave me a lot of lols,
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by cornmancer
Did you miss the puns about a guy cutting his head off with a chainsaw?

Turns out that happened in 2008.

I mad.
Seems like college educated users getting more recognized. We have like 3 or 4 people who are philsophy majors with degrees that post, then majors in physics and other subjects that they enjoy debating.

Plus there's always been a huge anti-religious bias in the Pit that helped.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd make an Edie Brickell reference but I'm afraid no one would get it.

There's always been threads like that.

I bet I would get it

Oh and I enjoyed the story about your life that you PM'd me months ago. Don't feel like PMing back
For every 134 threads on pedophiles or Amish people, there are 3 threads on life/purpose/etc.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Oh, and also there was a HUGE creationism thread that got locked a while back. At first there were a good deal of creationists here. That thread soon became a hangout for a bunch of users who would wait around (myself included) for a creationist to come in and just gang up on. To be honest, nobody really knew anything about biology. They'd just take their arguments directly from Talk Origins. The Pit was all about debating evolution for a long time.
Quote by TheBurningFish

Exactly what I was going to post.

But yeah TS, I sort of know what you mean. Not with just thread starters, but I've noticed a lot of threads get completely taken by philosophical debate more often recently (whether it's good debate, or especially interesting however is another topic entirely).

Fortunately I am one of the guys who's doing a philosophy degree and actually enjoys arguments rather than just finding them irritating and pretentious. Though I do also find that quite often too.
Quote by bradulator
I bet I would get it

Oh and I enjoyed the story about your life that you PM'd me months ago. Don't feel like PMing back

Philosophy...is the talk on a cereal box...

And thanks! Straight from the horse's mouth.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 31, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
Philosophy...is the talk on a cereal box...

And thanks! Straight from the horses mouth.

coincidence...blah blah blah, I never learned those lyrics

Good song though.
What's wrong with philosophical threads?
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
A lot of the funnier threads were banned and everyone else started thinking they're smarter. Then the flaming was cracked down on, so we all had to start acting more uhh... mature. And there you go.
It's not as easy to get banned or warned as it used to be.
Quote by due 07
It's not as easy to get banned or warned as it used to be.

How bad was it before? I find it hard to imagine, keeping in mind how trueamerican was banned.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
To be honest with you, I wish it was a bit more silly. Maybe even create a Pit sub-forum where EVERYTHING (minus too shockingly stuff, of course) would be cool? Even just pointless threads that could be. But rules are rules and we will go with them.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by laid-to-waste
How bad was it before? I find it hard to imagine, keeping in mind how trueamerican was banned.

Well, i've been banned numerous times up until around mid 2010.

Although i did get banned once and was then sent a pm saying that i'd been banned for being "too rebellious".
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
ever since I started slipping acid in your coffee
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Paramore.
To be honest with you, I wish it was a bit more silly. Maybe even create a Pit sub-forum where EVERYTHING (minus too shockingly stuff, of course) would be cool? Even just pointless threads that could be. But rules are rules and we will go with them.

Because that's what the pit needs, more retards There's 4chan for shit like that.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Paramore.

Pointless is as pointless does...

Do you really want a thread about how some 14 year old stuck his dick in a pencil sharpener? Because that's what pointless amounts to in the Pit.

Quote by Anthony1991
Well, i've been banned numerous times up until around mid 2010.

Although i did get banned once and was then sent a pm saying that i'd been banned for being "too rebellious".
Sounds like you got a lot of joke bans...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 31, 2011,