Hey guys!!

So, I've been thinking about replacing the pickups in my guitar. It's a basswood LP body guitar, rosewood neck.

I really want a p90 and a humbucker. I know that for sure. I was thinking to go for BKP. I had my eye on this combination:

Stockholm HSp90 - neck
Miracle Man - Bridge.

How do you think it would sound? Can you recommend any other combinations?

Cheers!
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
if you listed what sort of stuff you want to play then it would help
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
oh yeah sorry haha.

Rock, Hard rock, punk and metal. (think zeppelin, metallica, green day, AC/DC, GNR, SOAD)
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
EMG's a 60 in the bridge and an 81 or an 85 in the neck.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

First replace your amp and then get a guitar worth upgrading IMO.

I don't see any sense in putting Bareknuckles into that thing, especially not for playing through a Vypyr.
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
EMG's a 60 in the bridge and an 81 or an 85 in the neck.

EMGs for Zeppelin? ...What?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by JesusCrisp
First replace your amp and then get a guitar worth upgrading IMO.

I don't see any sense in putting Bareknuckles into that thing, especially not for playing through a Vypyr.

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Though the Vypyr is a decent amp, I don't think you'll get your money's worth out of replacing the pickups there. In the future you'll most likely end up selling this to put some more cash down towards a better guitar and if that's the case, pickups don't really increase trade value.

If you're absolutely adamant on sticking with this axe and replacing pickups; keep in mind that:

A. P90's will require routing of the neck pickup cavity as they don't fit in to normal humbucker cavity's
B. IMO P90's sound best with 250k volume/tone pots and humbuckers sound best with 500k pots. What you just listed therefore conflicts each other quite a bit.
C. Humbuckers (especially the miracle man) have a lot more output than P90's and you will notice an awkward drop in output when switching from neck to bridge and vice versa; using both pickups at the same time will yield virtually no results either.

An option would be to go for the Seymour Duncan P-Rails, which is more or less a P90 sized humbucker which I believe also has a humbucker mode to it, you'de have to check it out.

I'de highly recommend saving the money you want to spend on these pickups and selling the axe; then fund a 2nd hand guitar and learn how to set up a guitar yourself. That way you can score an incredible axe at a really nice price and mod it later on (or immediatly, whichever your wallet allows). Parker P38's are really nice for the money, as are the 90's MIJ Ibanez's.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Last edited by JaeSwift at Jul 31, 2011,
Look at the Duncam P-rails it is an amazimgly versilile p/u.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm going to get an Orange Tiny Terror in a few weeks. That'll be my new amp. No, I don't want to change it. I love the TT. And nobody said anything about the BKP ):

The stockholm is Humbucker sized p90 btw.
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Last edited by SupahStrat at Jul 31, 2011,
I'de ask Tim @BKP's for specific recomendations, but I think the VHII or Mule neck would match your bridge bucker choice better; I especially love the VHII for it's clarity
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
how do i contact Tim? thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention I reaaaally wanna stick to BKP
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Last edited by SupahStrat at Jul 31, 2011,
No really, why would you put $300 worth of pickups in a $200 guitar?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

because I love my guitar
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Quote by SupahStrat
because I love my guitar

You probably never played a better guitar or any other guitar than that one, right?
i have. EC-1000s, epiphone LP custom, Gibson Flying V, George Lynch m-1 tiger, Viper 100 and probably more i can't remember.
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Try this dude

http://www.at-the-creamery.co.uk/index.php

Hand made, dude even makes his own covers and special bobbins for weird hybrid pickups. He's got a bunch of humbuckers and a hum-size P90 but he'll wind you almost anything if you don't see what you want on his site already and he costs less than Bare Knuckle, just a little bit more than Seymour Duncan. He could charge more for his pickups but he's only been going a year or so so he doesn't have that big reputation like Bare Knuckle do to charge a premium. But he is just as good and in fact he's more flexible since he's a smaller operation he's got more time for each customer. These are the new hottness for pickups in the UK. He makes cool guitars too out of reclaimed wood.
If you like your guitar, than get an EC 401 and upgrade that. But your guitar is made from the worst tone wood LTD had on hand to keep cost down and it will still sound like garbage even after you put more pickups than the guitar is worth in it. That's $300 man, sell your EC for a $100, use your pickup money and get a decent guitar, or that rockerverb you're "aiming for". The polishing a turd metaphor fits well here.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by SupahStrat
how do i contact Tim? thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention I reaaaally wanna stick to BKP

sales@bareknucklepickups.co.uk
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Quote by VanTheKraut
If you like your guitar, than get an EC 401 and upgrade that. But your guitar is made from the worst tone wood LTD had on hand to keep cost down and it will still sound like garbage even after you put more pickups than the guitar is worth in it. That's $300 man, sell your EC for a $100, use your pickup money and get a decent guitar, or that rockerverb you're "aiming for". The polishing a turd metaphor fits well here.

I think the 2010's EC50s are made from Basswood. I got mine this year, but I don't even know when it was made. And that sounds reasonable. To get a new guitar similar to mine or heck even a new one like you said. But my guitar just feels so good in my hands
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
^well the quality of the wood is not dependent on the type of wood, there are "choice cuts" of high quality wood that will go in the top of the line guitars. And other cuts of the same type of wood, but lower quality and cheaper that go in the cheaper guitars. If you like the feel of your EC 50 an EC 401 should feel even better. Plus the EC 401 is high enough quality to justify getting whatever you want put in it.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

If it's a JS series, you might want to look at GFS or Seymour Duncan Pickups. Putting $300 worth of pickups in a $200 guitar doesn't make much sense and won't allow those BK's to really shine the way they should. The cheaper pickups make more sense with the guitar you have.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

I personally prefer EMG 81/60 pickups. The 81 in the bridge is great for metal and is pretty clear and bright for good note definition. Some people put the 85 in the bridge, I've never tried it, but I like to stick with what I know works and sounds good. The 60 in the neck is also great for soloing and sounds like a dream when playing on the clean channel, especially when chorus and reverb are applied.

The only other pickup sets I've tried are EMG 81/81 and Seymour Duncan JB/59. I once had a Jackson USA RR1T that had the SD JB/59 and they sounded pretty good, but I wasn't as satisfied with them as I am with EMGs. I also do not really care for the EMG 81 in the neck position. Too bright for the neck, in my opinion. My LTD F-400FM came stock with the 81/81 combo, but I put a 60 in the neck and it sounds a little better.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX