I got myself an Eclipse the other day, and I love it like nothing else. What's new to Me are the 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, I only had 2 tones and 1 volume before. Can someone explain to how to use the tone knobs (the volumes are quite straightforward) and maybe what your cab settings are? I play mostly metal/core.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

they work the same as a single tone knob would but allow you to control the tone for each pickup individually so you could for example turn one all the way down to reduce the higher frequencies from one pickup while leaving the other turned up or any combination that you want ?

and go for the classic scooped sound in your amp of course!
Last edited by funeralllllllll at Jul 31, 2011,
what i like about 1 tone for each pickup, for cleans and some neck pickup leads i like to roll off on the tone a bit and with a dedicated tone knob, i dont have to switch pickups then roll off the tone
Hmmm, scooped.. I've heard that term before. What's it mean?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

means the EQ curve has alot of highs and lows but the mids are "scooped" out

generally not a good idea because with severly scooped mids, you lose all your cut in a band situation
Hmm. I see... For full on heavy metal should I just keep everything on 10?
Quote by luxeion

i like having individual volume and tone controls for all pickups but as i'm pretty much primarily a stat player i've settled for using the vol-tone-tone scheme. but anyway with that setup you can do cool stuf like have the neck pickup volume rolled off for a cleaner sound, and leave the bridge wide open, and being able to blend the tones of the two pickups is great
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Sounds interesting, I've never given them much attention, but now with all these dials I'll get all kinds of neat sounds.
Quote by luxeion

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Hmm. I see... For full on heavy metal should I just keep everything on 10?

bride tone you will most likely want on 10 all the time, but experiment with the neck tone, you might find some interesting sounds, for cleans and distorted leads
First, congrats on scoring a 4 knob Eclipse

Secondly, this:

Quote by Seanthesheep
bride tone you will most likely want on 10 all the time, but experiment with the neck tone, you might find some interesting sounds, for cleans and distorted leads
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks, I absolutely love it! I'll post an NGD later on.
Quote by luxeion