Yoo.
I am really interested in buying a 7string for playing Korn style riffs, not shredding.
I have tried a couple of their riffs on my 6string and ther are not that hard actually.
I think that 7's sounds really good and they dont feel like they are a completely different instrument compared to a 6 if you get what I mean.
So my question is:

I have always wanted to have a K7 and if I get it I will pretty much never sell it. The thing is that it is hard to get (since I live in sweden) and expensive. The Apex2 is like K7 but without the trem and it is cheaper but easier to get hold of.

Would an Ibanez K7 or an Ibanez Apex2 be suitable as a first 7string guitar?
Thomann ship to sweden.

check there outl.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
Thomann ship to sweden.

check there outl.

I know that I can get the Apex2 from there and I have considered about getting it.
But Id really like to have the K7. Would any of them fit like a first sevenstring guitar?
Or should I go for a RG7321 or something like that?
For what you want to use it for, you have no reason to buy one, and you actually list all the reasons why.
Quote by Iommianity
For what you want to use it for, you have no reason to buy one, and you actually list all the reasons why.

Well I havent played for so long (9 months) and I feel like I dont deserve to have that expensive guitars, hard to describe. What do you mean by that I have no reason to buy one?
Quote by Iommianity

Are you a bit retarded? There isn't any 'reason' for a seven over a six, or visa-versa, one just has more range.
I just want to know if the K7 or the Apex2 fits as a first 7 string guitar. Most of the people start out with an Ibanez RG7321 or a Schecter Omen. Sorry man, Im just tired. Ive had a difficult day
Well if you're not sure 7s are your thing, it's a bit much to throw on the table. But if you're set on wanting a 7, there's no reason to not get a K7/apex. Great guitars I've been told.

There's nothing wrong with starting guitar on a 3k gibson either, there's just the financial end of it- if you really want to play guitar or not. Same applies to 7s really.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Well if you're not sure 7s are your thing, it's a bit much to throw on the table. But if you're set on wanting a 7, there's no reason to not get a K7/apex. Great guitars I've been told.

There's nothing wrong with starting guitar on a 3k gibson either, there's just the financial end of it- if you really want to play guitar or not. Same applies to 7s really.

Well its true what you are writing, its the money and how much I can afford..
So it doesnt really matter how good the guitar is but if I really want it I should get it right?
Thanks
If you're not using the higher ranges of your guitar you could just buy a 0.12 guitar string set and tune down to A. You'de be able to cover most of Korn's songs that way.

That being said, there are many 7 string axes at the Apex2's price level that are far better. Agile Septor/Interceptor/Interprid's are an example (rondomusic.com) as well as 2nd hand Ibanez RG 7420,7421,7620 and 7621's which you can often snag for really nice prices.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Im usualy playing in the low range, in wich way do they differ from the Apex2 exept from the prices and trems?
Quote by Lyrax
Well its true what you are writing, its the money and how much I can afford..
So it doesnt really matter how good the guitar is but if I really want it I should get it right?
Thanks

Well if you're set on keep playing it, I don't see why not! Let me give you an example-

I started playing bass on a fretless bass, and did so for 4 years before I bought a fretted bass- and I've used it 5-6 times since. It just sits in my corner collecting dust. But I didn't spend _that_ much on it, so it's not really a big deal for me. If I had spent 2-3k on it, I probably would have been a bit pissed with myself.

See where I'm going? If you're gonna play the 7 a lot, by all means get a good one, but if you're just gonna fiddle on it once in a while, I think you'd be better suited to buy a low-mid tier one like the 7321 or a schecter omen or somesuch.
Well Ive always wanted to have a 7 and I will probaly use it a lot. Thanks man!
The older RG7's I mentioned have better wood and much better fretwork. If you're intent on getting a 7, get a 7421 as that should be in your price range; depending on the deal you could have $$ left for new pickup or rbidge saddles, definely a new nut.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
it really doesnt matter which one you get dude thier both pretty much the same thing minus a trem, it just depends on wether or not your willing to wait to find a k7 or settle for the apex. personally i wait to find the thing i really want rather than settling for something else
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by JaeSwift
The older RG7's I mentioned have better wood and much better fretwork. If you're intent on getting a 7, get a 7421 as that should be in your price range; depending on the deal you could have $$ left for new pickup or rbidge saddles, definely a new nut.

Those RG7s ive tried sounded very muddy and kinda dull, and those were from like 2006-2008. I tried it through a Marshall head and cab so it should sound a bit better than it did and it has the wizard neck but it still felt odd.
The RG7's are not my thing.
Quote by Lyrax
Those RG7s ive tried sounded very muddy and kinda dull, and those were from like 2006-2008. I tried it through a Marshall head and cab so it should sound a bit better than it did and it has the wizard neck but it still felt odd.
The RG7's are not my thing.

It wasn't one of the RG's I mentioned previously then as those were discontinued in 2003. They also don't have the same feel as the later Ibby's, which traded the older soft C shape for a flatter D.

Quote by OurRequiem
it really doesnt matter which one you get dude thier both pretty much the same thing minus a trem, it just depends on wether or not your willing to wait to find a k7 or settle for the apex. personally i wait to find the thing i really want rather than settling for something else

That's definetly not true. Aside from the fact that the Japanese had a much more organized and achievement oriented professional culture, the fretwork is a million times better on Japanese Ibby's than they are on Indo Ibby's. Wood is also of much better quality as they usually use 1/2 pc Basswood body's instead of 5pc.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Last edited by JaeSwift at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by OurRequiem

Youre right man. But since I live in sweden it would cost a shitload to buy a K7 from Ebay, thats the only place I have seen them on sale.
I really want that guitar and I would never sell if I got one so it is a wise investation according to me. I have planned to buy a new cab and head but since the K7+shipment costs would cost a shitload I would have to wait forever cuz I still study and I dont get a very high salary.
If you are from europe please tell me where I can get one!
The K7's arent made anymore..
But thanks!