I've been on a Black Sabbath binge lately and I am trying to get a tone similar to Iommi used on the first five/six records and my Marshall with OD pedal and 10 band eq isn't getting the job done. I can get close but not nail the tones.

I read that Iommi used a treble booster to help achieve his tone and was wondering what are some good treble booster pedals out there that would help me nail Iommi's tone?
A Wah pedal?
I use a Big Muff Sovtek with a Vox wah always on with the toe down, sounds brilliant.

Ehx Screaming Bird sucks a lot of tone out to get the extra treble, you lose a lot of volume and bass when you switch it on.

If your gonna use a Wah don't get a cheap Dunlop, get one of the signature models or a Vox or a Morley. The cheap Dunlop pedals always break.
I am using a Marshall 6100LM through an Avatar Contemporary 2x12 with V30s in it with an OD pedal (tubescreamer). Also would the fact that my main guitar has EMGs in it, hinder my attempts in getting this tone?
I don't care too much about the wah tones since I have a decent way and I plan on getting another one or two for variation. My main thing is that I want a treble booster. From what I've heard of them, they are what got the distortion that we hear on those early albums. They make your tone a bit fuzzed while boosting certain frequiences without adding gain which is what I want.
Tony used a Dallas Rangemaster for a treble booster, so some kind of clone of that. Which is considered the best?

I guess for a price range; no more than $200-250, but no less than $100-120. I want something halfway decent.
Quote by SCopeland24
I am using a Marshall 6100LM through an Avatar Contemporary 2x12 with V30s in it with an OD pedal (tubescreamer). Also would the fact that my main guitar has EMGs in it, hinder my attempts in getting this tone?

Yes, the EMG's will hinder you from getting a classic rock tone(metal, whatever, it's old tone). I recommend some nice vintage sounding PAF's.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yes, the EMG's will hinder you from getting a classic rock tone(metal, whatever, it's old tone). I recommend some nice vintage sounding PAF's.

I don't think the EMGs are the biggest problem. They are kinda bright pickups and Iommi had some really bright tone himself.
A treble booster will take him much closer with EMGs than PAFs without one.
Like I already said, my budget would be $100-250; but I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible.
are you using the proper tuning? tony tuned down a step and a half after Paranoid .
i bought mine for like $10 from my brother's bass teacher, and it workds pretty well.. .it's a taylor, and it's serial number says it's number 14 out of 100. it's logo isn't paint, it's stickers!
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Build a rangemaster clone for $50. It will save you lots of trouble.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yes I'm using the correct tunings (E standard for stuff off of the first two albums; C# standard for everything till Dio came in; D# standard for Dio stuff).

I would build my own but I have no clue how.