Hey everyone, I've been having a pretty aggravating problem with my Wilshire: The neck(Which has a finish) is just really sticky, especially when I've been playing for awhile. I can only assume that it's because it has a finish, and not a clear coat, so would the best option be to actually sand the finish off? Or can I find a better alternative?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
The neck most likely has several coatings of laquer over it since you can't leave a painted guitar neck without it. You could sand the neck down but you would have to put something protective on like oil. I would not recommend doing this without any insight into lutherie.

That said, a possibility would be to sand the neck down with 80 grit sandpaper (GENTLY, you don't want to expose the truss rod). Work your way up progressively til' 600 grit, then rub it with white spirit to clean off the oils from your hands. Let it dry for 30 mins, then either tru-oil, tung oil or danish oil it and coat it with wax. For reference, Musicman tru-oil almost all of their necks and maple fretboards and it feels very fast.

You could also steel wool the neck if it is a glossy type of laquer. This will make it more like a satin laquer finish which helps relieve some of the stickyness. Make sure you polish it with micro-mesh and buff it up afterwards though.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
@JaeSwift: I think it would be appropriate to call it a glossy lacquer, so I'll try the steel wool idea when I get the chance, thanks.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Get 0000 steel wool and rub the back of the neck with it. This should give it a satin sort of feel. However, you'll likely need to do this every few months, as playing will bring the gloss back out.