Basically it's this:

For as long as I can remember when I get together with drummer friends in the studio, we always share little grooves and licks (not sure on terminology here) which we use often in our drumming repetoire and stuff that we think the others would find interesting to play.

And sitting here I figured it'd be great for everyone who has a video camera or a phone camera, hell even a microphone, to do a short video (almost like a drum lesson) showing their favourite licks, grooves, fills or whatever, to play to on drums and obviously, teaching how to play it or how you yourself play it. It doesn't need to get too technical or teachy, but fairly informal and just fun.

What do you guys think of this idea?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I'd be down for it. =D
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
I'm not a drummer at all but sounds like a good idea
Professional lurker since 2009.
Well so long as we can get a few more people on board then I don't see what's stopping us.

Also, how about requests? Like if someone here's a really cool drum fill or beat and wants to know how to play it, or something along those lines. I think that'd be pretty decent.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

The only problem is - and I don't mean to already start disregarding your idea - few of us have anything to use. There are only a select number who actually have a decent enough camera and the confidence to record themselves playing drums. It would be cool if we could do that, and I'm definitely up for it, but don't be surprised if only a few of us get involved.

Ideally we need to find a way to encourage a community atmosphere without recording ourselves with a camera or microphone, where our faces and abilities are out there for everyone to see - and to make fun of. I'm not personally ashamed of my skillz, but I'm worried others might be.
We could always lynch someone who decides to be a douche and try making fun of someone.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
I was thinking of just using the banhammer rather than using sadistic forms of violence, but whatever.
Well so far so good.

I thought it'd be a good way to share stuff. Because the best way to learn an instrument is to speak to and learn from other people who play the same instrument.
And I always want to know what my drummer friends play and they always say stuff like "You know what you did there? How do you do that?" etc...

But I mean, even if it's just a few of us being given requests, providing we can play it, then it'll be fun to do.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

I have no way of recording my drums at the moment, but I do have drum programming software, so if anyone is having problems with any beats or fills I can program it in and slow it down. Or something like that
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
I have no way of recording my drums at the moment, but I do have drum programming software, so if anyone is having problems with any beats or fills I can program it in and slow it down. Or something like that

That would be incredibly helpful, hell you could even make your own thread on it. I know there's a few fills I'd like to learn
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

Sounds good I don't think I'll need to make my own thread, otherwise we would have 2 on the same thing, but happy to help when I can
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I'm in. I'll be back with my set in like 2-3 weeks, so I could get a video up then. Care to explain in more detail what I do?
Quote by triface
Guy: I'm wearing female deodorant.
Girl: My apartment is just upstairs.

My Soundcloud
Good tunes and smiles right here
Quote by GuitarThoughts
I'm in. I'll be back with my set in like 2-3 weeks, so I could get a video up then. Care to explain in more detail what I do?

Sure thing!
Basically the concept of this is to share ideas and what we like to play most, or what's common, in our repetoire when it comes to drumming.

Things like your favourite grooves, hi hat tricks, rudiments, fills and everything in between that.

So if you wan to do a video, just tell us your UG name in the vid, what you want to show us, play it at your comfortable tempo. Then play it at a slower tempo so we can get an idea of it. Then just post it on youtube, and if you can, post a drum tab of it (It's not deadly necessary but would help, but i'm sure some of us can do it for you if need be).

If you don't have a video camera but can record audio, then it's basically the same thing but upload to somewhere where you don't have to sign up or register or anything to listen to it. I think like Soundcloud?

That's pretty much the gist of it
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra