I've owned my drums set for 5 or so years and have barely been able to play them, I used to keep them at a friends house, unfortunately he is no longer here.

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions so I can still practice them in my apartment, but so it's not to loud (my neighbors have a baby, maybe a year old) that it disturbs everyone in my area. I was considering filling it with towels or blankets and maybe taping the cymbals(?) - not sure if that will really be enough though.

Does anyone have suggestions/tips/methods -anything- I can do to make it so I can still practice and play my drums that are just sitting there mocking me ( ) any ideas/feedback would be appreciated.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Last edited by daniel c b at Jul 31, 2011,
silencer pads and extra muffling is all you need really, also, I used to use a duvet (filled obviously) to put my bass drum on.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Electronic set probably
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by ShevanelFlip
trade yourdrum for an electronic set?

Nope, don't do that...you'll regret that later on when you're out of the apartment, or you find an available space to play them. Do like Niiko said, get a set of those rubber drum mutes.
If you can afford it just keep your current drum set and buy an electric set as well. It'll sound better than having to muffle your drums
Quote by AmericanZero13
Nope, don't do that...you'll regret that later on when you're out of the apartment, or you find an available space to play them. Do like Niiko said, get a set of those rubber drum mutes.

I dont see why you would regret trading for an electric set. You can plug headphones in, you would have much more versatility in terms of tone and options, and you can hook it up to an amp if your playing with a band.

Electric drum sets are the way to go if you live in an apartment. Silencing your heads will do you a little bit of good, but im sure your neighbors would still be bothered. You'll get much more practice time out of an electric.

Now given, some electronic drum sets are pretty crappy, the main complain I hear about some models is that the rubber cymbals don't always respond on time, which can affect your whole timing. Don't let this discourage you though, I've only encountered this problem a couple of times so you just need to be aware of what your buying. I'd say dropping around 4 - 600 is a fair amount to pay for a practice electric drum set.

Thats just my opinion though.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
Thats just my opinion though.

I see what u did there
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
keep the acoustic but buy hq drum mutes. it saves you more than buying an electric kit.
or you can keep the kit in storage for if your gonna gig.

i suggest that you buy a yamaha dd65. but buy a kick tower with it and a hi hat pedal thats like an actual pedal cause the buttons that originally come with it move around,
I'd buy a set of good mutes or find a space to rent that you can play them in.
That sucks man, you need a buddy with a house I would bring my kit somewhere else if I had to. Let's face it drummers have to play loud, and you can try to put silencers on the drums or whatever but that is a waste of time it's like playing on a rockband 2 drum set.
I live in an apartment too with an acoustic set. The muffled heads definitely work and also try to practice when everyone goes to work or something. Do not trade your set for an electric one. They may have the capability to be quiet but honestly they suck compared to the real thing.