What are your funniest and/or most awkward moments when meeting new people.

Mine was just recently when I was at the pub for a friends birthday, I met a girl there and neither of us really knew anyone else. She introduced herself and while shaking her hand I said "Hi, I'm Morgan Freeman, you may remember from such movies as the Shawshank Redemption, Bruce Almighty and Batman Begins"

And thus one made a new friend that night.

So who else has done funny stuff when meeting new people?

And no... Doing the helicopter with your penis doesn't count....
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
*girl walks in room*

*i react with a stupid face that resembles, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?*

*later goes to apologize for reacting like an idiot*

*she reveals she's dating the nemesis*

*walk away*
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I don't get it... do you look like Morgan Freeman or something?

I've had many moments where they went for a handshake and I went for a hug.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
"Are you in the band?"

"Why yes, I a..."
*SNEEZE, CATCH SNOT IN HAND*

"Er..."

Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by Eric_Fail
I don't get it... do you look like Morgan Freeman or something?

I've had many moments where they went for a handshake and I went for a hug.

The only resemblence I have is in skin color. But I do a pretty damn good impression. She almost bought it.

Though I wonder whether he gets sick of his own voice sometimes...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

I was sitting on the ground (drunk) when my friend came over with his mate (who was also drunk. Note: it was a party) "Hey Danny, this is Michael."

"Hi Michael."

"Hello. Can I jump over you?"

"... Aye, go for it!"

He came within half a centimetre of kicking me in the head and he and I became great pals. Good times.
I'm the traditional handshake kinda guy, never cared for slappin' hands and daps and all that shit, so every time I meet someone I stick my arm straight out like a ****ing square while the other person usually has their hand somewhere near their head, waitin for that cool handshake to commence. Then I get the "Dude, the 80's are soooo over" look.
Quote by Niiko
The only resemblence I have is in skin color. But I do a pretty damn good impression. She almost bought it.

Oh right ok lol that makes sense.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by neversleeps84
I'm the traditional handshake kinda guy, never cared for slappin' hands and daps and all that shit, so every time I meet someone I stick my arm straight out like a ****ing square while the other person usually has their hand somewhere near their head, waitin for that cool handshake to commence. Then I get the "Dude, the 80's are soooo over" look.

So you're sayin' you don't want to do the will smith handshake?

You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I always go for a handshake if I'm introduced to someone, male or female.

I have some semi-humorous stories about me trying to pick up girls, but I don't think they'd translate well over the internet.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Anthony1991
So you're sayin' you don't want to do the will smith handshake?

Dude I'm so lame I don't even know what the **** the Will Smith handshake is.

This is me trying to shake hands, and the other persons reaction:

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
I always go for a handshake if I'm introduced to someone, male or female.

I have some semi-humorous stories about me trying to pick up girls, but I don't think they'd translate well over the internet.

It's what this thread is for. Pretty sure we've all done something similar. Like when I woke up the next day after I held a house party and decided to walk round naked with a semi thinking everyone had gone home, only to walk in the kitchen where my mates gf, her sister and her friend were there and said "Mornin' ladies, it doesn't bite, but it'll ruin ya!"

.... Yeah... For a first impression.... Not so good....
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

Quote by neversleeps84
Dude I'm so lame I don't even know what the **** the Will Smith handshake is.

This is me trying to shake hands, and the other persons reaction:

For shame.

I am one for the handshake aswel if i'm honest.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
"Nice shoes, wanna fuck "

"Firstly, I'm wearing sandals and secondly, no I do not want to fuck you good sir.

Quote by Niiko
It's what this thread is for. Pretty sure we've all done something similar. Like when I woke up the next day after I held a house party and decided to walk round naked with a semi thinking everyone had gone home, only to walk in the kitchen where my mates gf, her sister and her friend were there and said "Mornin' ladies, it doesn't bite, but it'll ruin ya!"

.... Yeah... For a first impression.... Not so good....

Well basically I was at a bar and there were a couple of girls playing pool at a table next to me, and I was chatting to them and they were talking about doing trick shots.

Now I'm a physics student so I said you should hit it off there because it makes a triangle. They didn't quite get it so I thought I'd seal the deal and said. "Basically, the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection."

They were gone before I could fetch my protractor.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
Well basically I was at a bar and there were a couple of girls playing pool at a table next to me, and I was chatting to them and they were talking about doing trick shots.

Now I'm a physics student so I said you should hit it off there because it makes a triangle. They didn't quite get it so I thought I'd seal the deal and said. "Basically, the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection."

Good thing I dropped physics and picked up Sound Engineering instead LOL!

I feel for you man, that was pretty damn funny though
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

once my freind invited me to a party his family was throwing so she could have somone to hang out with i did think id know anyone so when i got to the street there were two parties right next to each other!
so i took a chance and picked one i was there and i get a call from my freind telling me shell be back she had to pick up one of her cousins so when i get there just chill till she gets back.
so i sat there and someone offered me a drink and i asked when my freind alex was. They told me "alex will be back in about 10 minutes" so im just enjoying the party im talkign to people and a few minutes later "alex" gets back and it suddenly become very obvious that im at the wrong party at this point people are tellling the dude alex that his freind has been waiting for him or about 15 minutes and im laughed at by the whole party...i leave and go next door
explain what happened to the people there
i kinda wished i had stayed at the other party i was enjoying myslef alot more there with the free drinks

sorry about the wall of text
tldr: get invited to party,go to wrong party,get laughed at by whole party
Last edited by supersac at Jul 31, 2011,
Just last night actually. I went to go see my friends band and I went alone. First off, just standing awkwardly outside was bad enough. But then, after going in, I see my friend roaming so I say hi and tell him I'm alone (I said this just to kinda make small talk), and his face lights up and he tells me to follow him. So he finds a friend of his and it seemed like he tried to introduce me and hook me up with a band, but I could barely hear him. So after he introduces me and says something like "This guy's an amazing guitarist!" his friend looks at me and I shrug.

After they laugh, my friend then goes and finds other friends to go say hi to and I'm left there standing awkwardly, not knowing what the hell to do.
Quote by Niiko

...She almost bought that you were Morgan Freeman?

Reeeeeally?
this one time i was in the walmart bathroom taking a leak. this other guy comes in to take a leak and in the middle his wiener bumps into my wieners! he was like 'ah sorry bro' and i was like 'ah not a thing buddy'.

it was so awkward and our streams crossed.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I typically try to stay very shy and polite when meeting people (because it's how I really am), but one time someone else created the funny moment. I was a senior in high school this past year, and there was a girl in one of my classes who was basically the biggest bitch of the sophomore class. Since I was a senior and very polite, I figured that I'd be immune to her and she'd have some class. About halfway through the semester, she started talking to me one day:

Her: "Hey, what's your name?"

Me: "I'm Rockford_rocks."

Her: "Hi, I'm *girl*."

Me: "I know, but thank you. It's nice to meet you, *girl*."

Her: "I just wanted to say that you have a big ass."
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

Provided the material doesn't affect the bounce, such as sliding. Or even the ball having a spin on it that screws up the bounce.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
this one time i was in the walmart bathroom taking a leak. this other guy comes in to take a leak and in the middle his wiener bumps into my wieners! he was like 'ah sorry bro' and i was like 'ah not a thing buddy'.

it was so awkward and our streams crossed.

Haha what the hell kind of Walmart do you go to bro? I am picturing a piss trough scenario like at a bar.
My bro introduced me to his bro and I licked his face last night.

He mad.
Quote by SG_dave
Provided the material doesn't affect the bounce, such as sliding. Or even the ball having a spin on it that screws up the bounce.

Yeah I never quite got that far.
One time, I asked a fat girl, I hadn't met yet, at my school if she was pregnant.
you're a stone fox
I always seem to end up meeting loads of new people at the same time, so when I saw 'nice meeting you' a bunch of times to different people, some people think I'm saying it loads to them. It's ackward.
Recently introduced to a fit half German half Pakistani girl. I am from a Jewish family so the whole day I made jokes about Nazis and how she should feel guilty, we flirted a lot and I think she liked me, Felt like a boss.
One of my mother-in-law's friends from church, who also happens to be her landlord, dropped by for a visit...we were introduced...I turned towards the front door with the intent of having a smoke...forgot that I was wearing a shirt with "YOUTH AGAINST CHRIST" emblazoned across the back...she was rather aghast...now she glares at me whenever we see each other. I thought it was rather amusing.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
"Hi my name is John"

then they leave to talk to someone much more interesting.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
The other day I pulled up to the taco bell in town, where my best friend Josh works at. He drives a black jeep. I see a black jeep with a male inside that looks an awful lot like Josh, ergo I assume it's him. You can tell by my wording that this was in fact not Josh. I shouted out the window as I pulled up next to him, "NOBODY LIKES YOU!" (this is apparently what I say to my friends). As I utter this phrase, I realize that isn't Josh. He responds with, "I'll remember that," with a look on his face that resembles this.

I felt like a dick.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
walk up to some nice looking girl

'hey i..'
*get slapped over the face
'alright thanks'
*walk away.

Some girl was tryna hug me, and I said "NO, I'm clausterphobic." Then this other girls that witnessed the act was like "You're clausterphobic?" So I met a girl by denying one.
BLANKBLANK
At my 4th birthday party my dad's friend's son pushed me into my cake. I don't know how it happened, but soon after that we were best friends and we still were until he died.

In 6th grade this girl I'd never seen before came up to me and told me I had weird elbows. And now we're pretty good friends too.
cat