I have finally saved enough money to buy either one new.

I am dead set on the Jackson's as they are simply quality guitars, LOVE the shape.. I also hate Floyd Roses so I would only get the hardtail versions.

What I am unsure of, is whether I should get a RR5 (msrp $1500) or RR1T (msrp $2200). I obviously know the RR1 is higher quality as its USA made, but the RR5 is very high quality as well and its made in Japan.

Some people say the RR5s are already very high quality, the USA RR1's are slightly better, but not worth $700 more.

Also, I am unsure of whether to go used or new. I know that by going used you save tons of money, but I never will know how the owner treate dit during its life...I will also worry about fret wear etc...

What do you guys think? IS the RR1 worth it over the RR5? Used vs New? Would love to hear your opinions
The RR5 is the better deal. I'm sure that the USA build and tonewoods would have a factor, but you would really have to decide whether that extra $700 is worth it.

And used vs. new? That's really a YMMV deal. You should really try out the guitars in person if you want to really see how the difference is. You should really get a shit guitar, or if the person has taken care of it, you can get a great deal.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
The RR5 is the better deal. I'm sure that the USA build and tonewoods would have a factor, but you would really have to decide whether that extra $700 is worth it.

And used vs. new? That's really a YMMV deal. You should really try out the guitars in person if you want to really see how the difference is. You should really get a shit guitar, or if the person has taken care of it, you can get a great deal.

Where are good places to buy used Rhoads models?
Any music store that has used gear, really. What stores have in used stock is totally dependent on what people bring in and sell to them. Check the local music shops, as well as places like Guitar Center. Another thing to look in to would be pawn shops, but if you do just be extra careful about what you buy. You can find pretty good deals at pawn shops, but you can also get really bad deals and/or fakes or damaged guitars. If you are going to buy used, make sure you inspect the instrument and make sure that everything looks and sounds right.