Whats the difference? I only need a 2 x 12. Is there a difference between getting a renegade 2x12 combo vs head + 2x12 cab?
People generally agree that 212s are hard to sell, should you ever decide you want to get rid of it. Also, a head and a cab will allow you to carry the total weight in two trips as opposed to all at once, so that's a consideration.
Quote by Kahner
People generally agree that 212s are hard to sell, should you ever decide you want to get rid of it. Also, a head and a cab will allow you to carry the total weight in two trips as opposed to all at once, so that's a consideration.

No chance of selling this. I love it and will never part if I buy it. Are their nay difference in tone between them?
Quote by 3reach
No chance of selling this. I love it and will never part if I buy it. Are their nay difference in tone between them?

The differences in sound are very minimal.
The main difference is the head can be used with different cabinets
The combo is probs cheaper though

inb4 You don't need a stack, get a combo
RIP Gooze

cats
1.) First of all....I love the Renegade.

2.) I've only played the head + 212 Tourmaster cab.

3.) 212 combos are heavy as hell as mentioned, and they can be harder to sell.

4.) I noticed that the 212 Tourmaster cab has the option of being closed or open (that is a big plus in my book)

5.) Most combos are open back to give the tubes better breathing - but not sure on the Renegade.

6.) Both options have the same speakers.

7.) I know you say now that you will never sell it but you never know.

8.) Stacks look cooler.

conclusion - get the head/cab configuration based on #3, 4, 5 and 8.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 31, 2011,
go for the head and cab
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.