Hey all, my newest piece from my solo electronic stuff. I tried having a go at making some house music and this is what it turned out like .

Any comments on production and synth sound would be especially appreciated but of course any listens or general comments are welcome.

C4C as always.

Cheers,

http://soundcloud.com/caboz-finlay-cable/you-are-gone
Levels are too high in the intro.

I like the croaking bass thing, but there are moments where it sounds too frog like. Too much "click"

The "what's this knob do?" part with the police sirens and the wub wub didn't add much to the song. It's too different from the rest of the song.

This is a pretty cool track, but I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of a real "go completely ****ing nuts" part where the beat kicks into full gear. That's very important IMO. See what you can do about that.

I hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784
I LUV This main clicking instrument. I find it strange that it is so loud in the intro, so when everything drops in it is a bit overwhelming. As cool as it is itd be awesome if it was left a bit more as a subtlety.

COOL some female vocals , we are CRUISING, OH this is really fun. I cant get over how great that croak thing juxtaposing the rest of the stuff, again just lower it down. This is nice and has a very clean production style.

HAAHAHAHAH

CLASSIC FRUITY LOOPS VOCAL GUY #dead dead dead

as lame as that was it was awesome, haha the knob guy. cute.
BE PROUD, this is nice stuff! I think you could consider dropping out that clicky thing for a while so when it drops back in itll be like "YES!"

return the luv, my bruv

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466029

sub on the YT and they will too
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Thanks for the responses guys, really handy critiques .

@aaron Ergh no luck man. You could try searching my stuff on soundcloud and try that? If all else fails no worries - I'll check out your piece.

@AeolianInvasion Thanks for the down-to-earth crit, some stuff that I could address! Err on the levels do you mean only in the intro or throughout the whole song? I totally agree with you on the 'full pelt' kinda' part though - one reason being that I didn't add a snare or much nore to the drums when I should've, I just didn't want to mess it up.

@nightwind Haha glad you like man! Yeah I see your point on a few things especially the FL sample of 'What's this knob do?' guy; I was trying to have a comedic effect like that of a Skrillex or High rankin drop I guess.

Cheers guys, I'll return the crits when I can!
salamander121,
Thanks for the review! I'm now at a computer that can handle soundcloud (earlier I wasn't). In the past I've been impressed with your tunes, so it pains me to say this: I just don't like what someone else called the froggy bass sound (and it's waaaaay too loud on the intro!!!!!!). It doesn't help that I can only hear music on small computer speakers & not my usual headphones that I prefer (long story). I do like the female vocal thing (that's my favorite part of the song). The drums are good! I like some of the sound effects, but a lot seem like needless noise for me. I know you have talent, so I guess it was a style preference on this tune for me. Keep at it man!