i've been looking at line6 pods lately, and they have kinda caught my eye because a friend i gig with has a pod that has an xlr output, which means he doesn't have to use a direct box or anything like i do (most of the time i don't have the opportunity to bring any of my amps with me, and i feel like the direct box just sucks some tone).

it also intrigued me because he has the amp models and everything, which gives him a more realistic studio sound than i usually have.

which brings to question, what floor processor is right for me? i kinda have a list below of everything that i'm looking for.

1. xlr output
2. good tube amp models (prefferably something british or dual rectifier)
3. a fair ammount of tweakability
4. probably like 5 or more effects i can use at once.
5. ability to mix multiple verbs and delays at once (not like that m13 where i only have one of each)
6. one that accepts analog pedals fairly well (as i like my korg tuner and have a few custom pedals i still would like to use).

so, tl;dr out of those 6 requirements, which floor processor is right for me? i'm thinking of spending around 500$.
Line 6 POD HD500.
does all of that, has great amp models, tons of effects, an effects loop, and retails at$499
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
HD500 is good, as is a GT-10. Most versatile ME pedal I've found so far.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by 00_hns_00

i've been looking at line6 pods lately, and they have kinda caught my eye because a friend i gig with has a pod that has an xlr output, which means he doesn't have to use a direct box or anything like i do (most of the time i don't have the opportunity to bring any of my amps with me, and i feel like the direct box just sucks some tone).

it also intrigued me because he has the amp models and everything, which gives him a more realistic studio sound than i usually have.

which brings to question, what floor processor is right for me? i kinda have a list below of everything that i'm looking for.

1. xlr output
2. good tube amp models (prefferably something british or dual rectifier)
3. a fair ammount of tweakability
4. probably like 5 or more effects i can use at once.
5. ability to mix multiple verbs and delays at once (not like that m13 where i only have one of each)
6. one that accepts analog pedals fairly well (as i like my korg tuner and have a few custom pedals i still would like to use).

so, tl;dr out of those 6 requirements, which floor processor is right for me? i'm thinking of spending around 500$.

What about the rp1000? It was designed to be used with your amp and pedals. The rp1000 has 2 Xlr outputs, good tube amp models, it can use verb and delay at the same time, it has good tweakablilty, and more. fly135 has an rp1000 and uses it along with his amp and pedals, and he really likes it. If you head over to the digitech thread, fly might explain how it works. http://www.digitech.com/en/products/rp1000
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 31, 2011,
+1 to the POD HD500. None of the Digitech RP's or Boss GT's have modeling that sounds as real. Though the GT-10 does have better effects, the HD wins if you need amp models.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I use the GT-10s amp modeling through my Valveking at home for practice, and I think the amp modelling is fine personally. It's not stellar, but it'll be hard to find something much better if better at all for the price range. The HD500 is definitely the only one that keeps up with the GT modelling, but the GT can be tweaked a LOT more than the HD so beyond that I suppose is preference of the ear. Plus the GT's effects are generally better.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

on any of these pedals recommended, can i use multiple reverbs and/or multiple delays?

the gt and hd 500 sound and look nice.

edit: i also actually need to be able to use the u2 shimmer effect, does all of these pedals have it, or is the hd500 the only one?
Last edited by 00_hns_00 at Jul 31, 2011,
I have the GT and I use verbs and delays simultaneously, but I don't know about the shimmer effect. Not familiar with it.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12