A G chord with a B as the bass note.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
It means its a G chord with a B bass note.
-
-
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
So if a bassist is playing, then he would play the B note and the guitarist would play a normal G chord. Otherwise with just a guitarist he plays the G chord with root B note?

Another question. If there isn't music on sites such as UG for the bassist, can they just play the same guitar chord music, with the exception of when there is this different root note?
Quote by mattboston
So if a bassist is playing, then he would play the B note and the guitarist would play a normal G chord. Otherwise with just a guitarist he plays the G chord with root B note?

Another question. If there isn't music on sites such as UG for the bassist, can they just play the same guitar chord music, with the exception of when there is this different root note?

They could, but depending on the song it would be really boring.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
That kind of chord is known as a "slash chord". The first letter represents the bass note & the second letter represents the chord.
So X/Y would be a Y chord with X in the bass.
Rock [James] Roll
Quote by Jiimmyyy
That kind of chord is known as a "slash chord". The first letter represents the bass note & the second letter represents the chord.

Ok, so I actually had it backwards. Bassist plays the first note, guitarist play the second.
Quote by Jiimmyyy

actually its the other way around

i know its wikipedia but meh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_chord
Quote by mattboston

Yeah but any player worth his salt could improvise something using the notes of the chord and key of the song.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.