I've been looking at The THD hotplates and thinking of grabbing one and I was wondering about how it affects your tone, and does it successfully keep your cranked tube tone at low volumes? I was looking around the internet/on UG but I just wanted to get some more opinions on it. What do you guys think?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I dunno if I'd get a Hot Plate... They're awfully pricey and I understand they suck a bit of tone.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about them, but I'd look at Weber stuff first. They're not as steep price wise, and they give you a few tone controls to make up for tone suckage.

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by SGmaniac1021
I've been looking at The THD hotplates and thinking of grabbing one and I was wondering about how it affects your tone, and does it successfully keep your cranked tube tone at low volumes? I was looking around the internet/on UG but I just wanted to get some more opinions on it. What do you guys think?

i have one on my bivalve. i don't like using it cuz it sucks tone. if you use it just a little bit it is not that noticeable, the problem is that if you use it more than just a little bit then you lose all kinds of feel and signal.

i don't know of any attenuators that don't have this problem. seems to me that a master volume is just a better option if you want that flexibility.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae