"You can't change the world, but you can certainly teach your kids to."

What does this mean to you?

Don't worry, this isn't some school assignment. I was just curious.
You can't change the world in your given generation, but you can take steps to ensure that change comes in the future?

I don't know.

If that's it, I don't really agree with it.
Basically, carry the one. Educate future generations about environmental problems, economic problems, etc., and real change will come through time.
What's up with all of these philosophical threads in the pit lately?
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
that sounds demotivational.

i like "the common man marvels at the uncommon, the wise man marvels at the commonplace"
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
The world will never change...conservatives and religious zealots will always exist. The quote is a lie.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
But if the kids hear that quote and live by it then the world never gets changed, it just keeps going. It makes no sense or is just a bad saying.
Last edited by homeless-john at Jul 31, 2011,
Quote by homeless-john
But if the kids hear that quote and live by it then the world never gets changed, it just keeps going. It makes no sense or is just a bad saying.

this
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Do a Hitler youth type number on your kids? I don't agree with that anyway.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Means 'don't have kids'
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
It means change comes gradually and can be very subtle/unnoticeable but it's there and you need to teach your kids to maintain that momentum.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I wonder if Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. or the Founders of the USA agreed? Seems to me that most great change came about as the result of strenuous effort on the part of individuals who were not willing to wait for tomorrow. They worked for change in their time and eventually achieved it.
Dumb quote is dumb. We all change the world, in our own way. Some of us in greater (bigger) ways than others.
That your kids are probably the people you have the greatest direct effect on. Therefore, if you are going to do any sort of good, the most likely place it is going to happen is in the raising of your kids. So make sure you don't **** it up.