My brother brought me his Ibanez RG4EX (i think its a RG4EX...) guitar and Line 6 Spider III amp to me today. I just tried it and it has a delay type thing on it. It lets me choose how long the delay is, but I cant turn it off. Any help will be appreciated. If it makes a difference, I have the 15W 1x8
Last edited by sauce3696 at Jul 31, 2011,
Just turn the effects knob to off.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Just turn the effects knob to off.

Both effect knobs are set to off....
Just a sec..
try turning the effect knob on and than back off. Not sure how spider III works but with mine (II), everytime i change the channel, all settings gets reset to 'default', so I have to turn off the effects pretty much all the time
Are you sure it's delay? It's just the guitar into the amp, right?
Quote by kutless999
Are you sure it's delay? It's just the guitar into the amp, right?

yes. Im not sure what its called, but ill play a power chord, it will immediately through the amp, then like one second later it will play again but softer. Im not sure what thats called (im a noob :P)
Do you have any presets stored?
Are you sure that there isn't any reverb set I know reverb is different but it can give the appearance of delay when set to high settings... Do you have the manual for the amp? I would look at the manual and see if there is a special hard reset on it to restore everything back to factory condition. Maybe also ask your brother to take a look at it.
Quote by kutless999
Do you have any presets stored?

He never used the amp, ever. So probably not. And I didnt make any presets.
Quote by ibanart300
Are you sure that there isn't any reverb set I know reverb is different but it can give the appearance of delay when set to high settings... Do you have the manual for the amp? I would look at the manual and see if there is a special hard reset on it to restore everything back to factory condition. Maybe also ask your brother to take a look at it.

The amp is OLD. He just brought me the amp, nothing else.
I'm gonna look at the manual quick, just a sec.
Quote by kutless999
I'm gonna look at the manual quick, just a sec.

Alright, thank you.
Try moving all settings to clean or the far left and then bring the master volume up and see if this sort it out. I know on my Spider 3 that there are preset tones that turn on certain effects when in use.
Alright, hold the clean channel button as you turn on the amp. It'll reset the presets and it might stop the delay.

And you can also try to hold down the insane channel button as you power it up. It'll disable the auto fx for each channel and it might stop the delay.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 31, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Alright, hold the clean channel button as you turn on the amp. It'll reset the presets and it might stop the delay.

And you can also try to hold down the insane channel button as you power it up. It'll disable the auto fx for each channel and it might stop the delay.

It worked once and then it didnt work anymore. The first time I did it, it worked. Once I turned it off, then turned it back on, it stopped working, along with the method.
listen listen listen. if the preset has the effect saved to it, then even if the knob is all the way down it will still have the effect. when your on the channel move the knob a bit and bring it back to minimum. should work.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
listen listen listen. if the preset has the effect saved to it, then even if the knob is all the way down it will still have the effect. when your on the channel move the knob a bit and bring it back to minimum. should work.

Ive done that. It works, but the delay is still slightly there, SLIGHTLY. I guess thats what ill have to do.
Quote by sauce3696
Ive done that. It works, but the delay is still slightly there, SLIGHTLY. I guess thats what ill have to do.

listen....im begging for the funds to buy a delay pedal.....just freaking use it dude
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by ethan_hanus
12 gauge sawn off Remington 870 pump shotgun, it's the only way.

Try hitting your amp on the top, works for my Valveking. The Russians know how to fix things.

off topic, but i was shooting an 870 at clays up north the other day. throw two, kill one on the up stretch, second on the fall. i love trap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Off topic, but it's suprising that most posts in this are helpful and not "Omg lyke u haz a spidur OLOLOL waturlyneedizanewamp"

Quote by Grimnak27
What you really need is a new amp.

and i thought this would be one thread without this -_-
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
and i thought this would be one thread without this -_-

UG with out a "you need a new amp" bit would be like TGP without an $800 OD.
Quote by CodeMonk
UG with out a "you need a new amp" bit would be like TGP without an $800 OD.

it would be like Marshal MG's without their CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!......kinda suprised i hadnt seen that one either huh
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
TS needs a Frontman, who needs all those silly effects
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by kutless999

Perfect!!!

Stuck on Insane >>> Stuck on Delay