Hey!

Nowadays my 3rd string has become deeply untuned on higher frets.
I have a floyd rose on my guitar and the distance of the place where you pin the string can be regulated, so I thought: "Well, if I place the 'pining spot' closer or further to the pickups, I will be able to tune it" and I was mostly right! the thing is, it doesn't have enought mobility range to tune it.

So, how can I get it tuned??

thanks in advance for all the help.

cheers
hands down.
I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about, but I was able to re-string my Floyd Rose with different gauge strings thanks to You Tube. You might be able to find what you need there.
adjusting the truss rod also affects the intonation.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
no no, my problem is the intonation.

I was able to readjust intonation on all strings except the 3rd one because the saddle donesn't have enough "mobility range".

srry about the bad english..
hands down.
Quote by hames jetfield
adjusting the truss rod also affects the intonation.

will check! tnx
hands down.
is your bridge balanced or is the bar too close or too far from the body?
Adjusting the springs can balance it. Usually 3 springs are enough for 9 guage strings in standard tuning.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by hames jetfield
is your bridge balanced or is the bar too close or too far from the body?
Adjusting the springs can balance it. Usually 3 springs are enough for 9 guage strings in standard tuning.

it's balanced, springs are not the problem =) intonation is
hands down.
i am suprised that nobody has asked what make/model guitar, as well as the make of the floyd or who it is liscensed under.

some times importiant things are over looked on cheaper guitars and that is just something you have to either live with or sell the guitar if you don't want to live with it.

but if you truss rod is adjusted properly and your bridge isn't two inches from the body, and the trem is balanced, most likely there isn't a whole lot you could do to it. to remedy it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am suprised that nobody has asked what make/model guitar, as well as the make of the floyd or who it is liscensed under.

some times importiant things are over looked on cheaper guitars and that is just something you have to either live with or sell the guitar if you don't want to live with it.

but if you truss rod is adjusted properly and your bridge isn't two inches from the body, and the trem is balanced, most likely there isn't a whole lot you could do to it. to remedy it.

it's a cort x11, not an expensive guitar, not too cheap either. I didn't check the truss rod yet, but well... even though I hope you're wrong I got to say, I fear there's not much I can do, as you say...
hands down.
How old are your strings?

Most intonation problems that are "new" problems are the strings.

If this has been an issue that popped up last week and you have had the guitar for a year or something then I would change strings first, even if they are new/newer.

If this has been a problem since new or since you have had the guitar then it is most likely NOT the strings.

Most FR bridges have 2 screw points for adjusting intonation.
Quote by R45VT
How old are your strings?

Most intonation problems that are "new" problems are the strings.

If this has been an issue that popped up last week and you have had the guitar for a year or something then I would change strings first, even if they are new/newer.

If this has been a problem since new or since you have had the guitar then it is most likely NOT the strings.

Most FR bridges have 2 screw points for adjusting intonation.

Yes, the next thing I'm going to do is changing the strings. And yes, I've tried both spots... =/
hands down.
Hi

I looked at images of the cort x 11 trem system and it looks something close to a standard floyd rose to me. What you can do is unlock the allen bolts to slide the saddle to change the length of the string to set the intonation but from the images I have found there are choices as well for the position of the bolt in different holes so that allows a greater range of adjustment. What you need to do is adjust the saddle position in one direction by loosening the string first so it has nil tension, then loosen the intonation bolt on the saddle for the offending string. It will be very close to the point where the string is clamped in the saddle. Now move the saddle by sliding it in one direction and re tighten the bolt. Bring the string back up to tension. If the fretted notes are further away from what they should be you need to move the saddle in the other direction by repeating the process above. If you find you cant slide the saddle far enough then remove the bolt and move it to the next hole that allows you to shift the saddle further in the direction you want to go.

Let me know how you get on- hope that makes sense.