Hey UG, here to review my second round of V-Picks.....thata if any1 really cares. Abd as a followup to my other pick thread i included another concert ticket :p so away we go:

Switchblade: this one cought my eye and induced me to buy more. The attack on this pick is pheonominal. I wanted a pick with a lot of attack cause i love having a lot on my downtuned LTD. Just addds a level of definition. Its 1.5mm and has an unbuffed edge that really grabs the strings

Shredder Lite: can't say i like this one very much. Never could use triangle picks really andvit seems to "get fought" on the strings. And it claims to be for fast alternate picking and sweeping but...i dont see it.

Screamer: Vinnie from V-Picks actually threw this one in for free!. Mabye cause I'm a returning customer :p anyway, the free one they gave me was actually the one i liked the most out of the lot. Its a heaftey 2.75mm with a roubded-sharp edge. It somehow by some miracle smoohens out and richens the sound of my strings...Idk mabe I'm crazy. It rolls right off the strings making it fairly easy to solo, fast pick, sweep, w.e. also makes a great acoustic pick. Also is pretty cool looking

Questions? Thought? Shoot
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i like the switchblade a lots too.

that and the dimension junior unbuffed are my two picks right now.

I need to check out the shredder unbuffed.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Looks alot like the picks that Chris at Gravity Picks makes, he makes his picks from acrylic too, and they do exactly what you say the switchblade does. I don't mind paying the extra cash for some good hand made picks that bring excellent definition and playability to my tone.

Might give Gravity Picks a go and see which one you like better, he has the Wavy pick, it's wavy. lol
Quote by AcousticMirror
i like the switchblade a lots too.

that and the dimension junior unbuffed are my two picks right now.

I need to check out the shredder unbuffed.

idk man, i found it close to impossible to use.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by ethan_hanus
Looks alot like the picks that Chris at Gravity Picks makes, he makes his picks from acrylic too, and they do exactly what you say the switchblade does. I don't mind paying the extra cash for some good hand made picks that bring excellent definition and playability to my tone.

Might give Gravity Picks a go and see which one you like better, he has the Wavy pick, it's wavy. lol

hmm, seems like they dont tretch into 11mm territory

but my loyalty has come to V-picks. and it seems these gravity picks are a little pricier for a lot less pick (thickness wise). love me my thick picks
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
hmm, seems like they dont tretch into 11mm territory

but my loyalty has come to V-picks. and it seems these gravity picks are a little pricier for a lot less pick (thickness wise). love me my thick picks

Gravity Picks is just one guy making them by hand. Tis why I would pay more money for them, have a great feel, they like stick in your hands.

11mm? Just use a block of wood for a pick why don't you.

I find 3mm plenty thick, at 1.5 it's already not gonna flex and bend your strings.
ya i don't like the regular shredder at all. I've had the lite and the thick.

he has a screamer unbuffed now i think.

vpicks came way before gravity. and they are all made by hand as well.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Gravity Picks is just one guy making them by hand. Tis why I would pay more money for them, have a great feel, they like stick in your hands.

11mm? Just use a block of wood for a pick why don't you.

I find 3mm plenty thick, at 1.5 it's already not gonna flex and bend your strings.

yo check this pick, its called the Insanity.....11.85 mm

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=39&page=picks
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
yo check this pick, its called the Insanity.....11.85 mm

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=39&page=picks

That's just a giant chuck of plastic. Looks cool though, and I do agree it would teach you to have a very relaxed picking hand, would be easy to get too much momentum and snap your high e string with that thing.
Quote by ethan_hanus
That's just a giant chuck of plastic. Looks cool though, and I do agree it would teach you to have a very relaxed picking hand, would be easy to get too much momentum and snap your high e string with that thing.

hell no. it may be thick man, but the edges on these things are amazing. on the buffed picks (like the insanity) the pick just rolls off of the strings. super smooth playing. really cleans up some extra pick noise too. if i actually find my old large or small pointed lying around ide be happy to send it to u.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
hell no. it may be thick man, but the edges on these things are amazing. on the buffed picks (like the insanity) the pick just rolls off of the strings. super smooth playing. really cleans up some extra pick noise too. if i actually find my old large or small pointed lying around ide be happy to send it to u.

Lol, yeah, cause I would never spend $34 on a single pick. I'm not a fan of big picks though, I like thin picks cause I play lot in my worship band, where pick dynamics are extremely important, so picking lightly and picking hard when I need to are important to me.
as long as the edge is thin it doesn't really matter how thick the pick is. the bigger ones are just easier to hold and have more weight behind them.
the shredder looks like a weapon
HILT!

Where's Waldo?