I don't know if anyone's seen any of my other threads, but I've been apprehensive about pulling the trigger on the aforementioned amp in the title. It's at Guitar Center for $400 on clearance and I'm really wanting to scoop it up before someone else does.

Problems: Annoying channel-switching "pop" and reports of Bugera being an unreliable brand.

So, basically, I'm reaching out to UG. Do you guys think it's worth it? And would it be good for ska-punk ala Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake? I've actually played it and I like the cleans but I haven't been able to crank either channel because of the annoying pop and because I don't want to be an asshole and drown everyone out.
I don't own the 6262 but I own a V22 and it has awesome clean sounds and I think sits in sound somewhere between an AC30 and a Fender Twin Reverb. I haven't had any problems with my amp and I believe the problems that they did experience were all with the first batch of amps, the issues to begin with were with an internal plastic clip which has been changed and the foot switch issue has also been fixed with the latest batches from what I've seen. Bugera are a very new company that are Behringer owned. They are cheap and it's great if you have a little knowledge in amps because you can take them and turn them into anything you want. Swap the speakers and tubes out and make it sound completely different. They are a very solid heavy amp so I vouch for them but some people are all about the brand name and etc so be your own judge and try one.
okay so let me put it in terms that we all can agree by man:

#1 test the freaking amp, if it sounds good for what u want, then why the hell not?

#2 is probably wont sound good for what you want because its a f&*king gain monster and its a clone of a 5150/6505.....u know those amps that are notorious for really low headroom on cleans? (ska). and u dont need that much gain for punk.

go find yourself a more versatile amp.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
lol just realised you have tried one after re-reading but yeah try some more because mine doesn't "pop" when I change channels.
damn good amp if it dont break. and theres no popping
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
Well, this one does. Which, from what I've discovered, could be caused by a number of things. Maybe it's something I could use to make GC come down on price a little bit.

good luck conning the cons
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Go for cleans for ska. Either british or american, you can get great cleans with either but they will be vastly different. For the punk side of things you will be able to run a decent distortion through it and it should sound fine. Just stay away from mid monsters if you go british. If you go american you could easily find a used silverface fender for pretty cheap (although they are gradually going up). Most of them take pedals fine , and if its a huge deal you can mod them to blackface specs, especially early cbs models, which you can find with similar components to the pre ones, before cbs crapped them up.

Look around if you want british, a lot of modern marshalls flat out such in my opinion, the jcm 2000's have decent cleans, but for the price I would never, especially considering i hate how everything else on them sounded. But thats just me, and early marshalls are a breeze to build a decent clone, or even by one already built.
Completely different type of amp. You should be looking at the orange tiny terror imo. The bugera's gain alone is overkill for ska punk..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Completely different type of amp. You should be looking at the orange tiny terror imo. The bugera's gain alone is overkill for ska punk..

i am not sure that is what you really want, especially with cleans. my dual terror on half power on the TT channel staying clean is not near enough to be heard over a drummer. dirty it would do fine, but most ska/punk i hear has cleaner tones than the TT would offer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am not sure that is what you really want, especially with cleans. my dual terror on half power on the TT channel staying clean is not near enough to be heard over a drummer. dirty it would do fine, but most ska/punk i hear has cleaner tones than the TT would offer.

How clean do you need? I thought ska punk tones always had a bit of grit/overdrive to them.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
How clean do you need? I thought ska punk tones always had a bit of grit/overdrive to them.

i don't know how clean you need, i just know that there isn't hardly any headroom on the TT, even the DT at 30 watts doesn't stay clean long, it would definitely need to be mic'd.

i just think i different amp would be a better choice.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The kind of ska-punk I play is really black and white. Cleans are clean and stay that way and when things kick into overdrive it's about mid-gain. The reason why I'm thinking about this particular Bugera is because A)It's cheap and B)Compared to my current Peavey ValveKing, it's got WAY more headroom and a bit more versatility with the switchable reverb and much more gain on tap.
Despite the fact that some people here will recommend a 5150 type amp even for jazz, it's the wrong amp for ska/punk. You won't be happy with it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
hmm.....i have no idea of fender amp names but im sure a fender can give u that great clean for ska and u could prob boost it wit a pedal for that really grungy dirty punk dist.exactly what t ype of punk tone r u going for? mabye a song for reference?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Bugera V22/1990
Egnater Rebel/Tweaker
Peavey Classic 30/VTM/Vypyr/Valveking
Fender Blues Jr/SuperChamp/Mustang?
Jet City JCA20/2112
Vox Valvetronix
Blackheart 15W
Crate Palomino 16 ?

? = I've never played
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 1, 2011,
A JCM900 will do the job or the Bugera version, the 1990 (if that's the wrong one somebody correct me). A Bugera clone of a 900 seems a little pointless to me though, the genuine article goes really cheap every day of the week. A Marshall DSL would do the job nicely too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You see JCM900 Dual Reverb combos go for $400 all the time in the US. They haven't held their value very well. Not the greates Marshall but they do have miles and miles of very nice cleans and a very acceptable distortion for punk/ska. Channel one has the best distortion tone for the genre but that's where your cleans live. Channel 2 is still very useable, you just have to be a bit more frugal with the gain knob.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Marshall JCM 800/900, Bugera 1990/333/V55, Peavey JSX/XXX, Jet City 50/100, Blackheart Hot Head 100. Some can be had cheaper than others, but all will do what you need.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
as people have suggested a Marshall amp would do you well (not MG). i really like the Bugera 1990s and 333XLs though. 333Xl should have enough clean headroom for ska and the crunch channel would be nice for the overdiven/dirty tones if you wanna stay cheap
fender deville will fit ska/punk perfectly. they can be had for around 450 used.

i don't know of any other amp that would fit that price range and do ska well.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Yeah they come up all the time. More often around the $600 to $700 but you often see them in here snaffled for closer to $400.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Yeah they come up all the time. More often around the $600 to $700 but you often see them in here snaffled for closer to $400. It's a buyer's market, they sold heaps of 'em.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification