In the profile, listen to it

So I recorded these vocals and guitar parts like 6 months ago but I didn't get around to finishing the drums until today but anyway I think it turned out pretty good, I could probably sing it better now but I think the way I did it worked pretty well. I may of went a little overboard with the instrumentation also. I'd love your feedback C4C like always

Oh and here are the lyrics: (I'm kind of hard to understand I know)

Marker bleed through skies set the tone for this low hum of a town
In your prison box room, lie there sterilized
Chalk outline your dreams on the wall
And force a frown, because this is solitude, and you never pass a chance

An invisible phone that rings but still sends a message
A never ending dial tone to a heart that still has leverage

A leaky faucet at every end over feelings that have died
In a beat down two, that no one cashed in
The static keeps you up, and puts you to sleep
Like the vitality signs, and your morphine based wells that we call our "eyes"

Oh and like mah facebook music page thinger, you know you want too:s (It's the big thing that says BEST KEPT SECRET in my signature)
Last edited by rockfan7 at Aug 10, 2011,
Hmmm. Cool

This is for "Likelihood..."

The intro was very nice. No complaints there.

Your vocals are very whiny/pitchy. You sound like a 14 year old boy. Sing from your gut. Your voice fills out very nicely at 0:37. Try to replicate that fullness in all of your vocal work.

The midi piano works very well for this, but your bass sounds too artificial. I know it can be difficult to find a real live bassist, but try to find a midi bass that sounds a little more natural and mess around with the note lengths and timing very slightly so that you get a more "human" sound.

Hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784
Quote by AeolianInvasion
Hmmm. Cool

This is for "Likelihood..."

The intro was very nice. No complaints there.

Your vocals are very whiny/pitchy. You sound like a 14 year old boy. Sing from your gut. Your voice fills out very nicely at 0:37. Try to replicate that fullness in all of your vocal work.

The midi piano works very well for this, but your bass sounds too artificial. I know it can be difficult to find a real live bassist, but try to find a midi bass that sounds a little more natural and mess around with the note lengths and timing very slightly so that you get a more "human" sound.

Hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784

This thread is for STUNG

But thanks anyway I'll crit back for your trouble anywho, and I liked the bass how it is, it sounds artificial but the whole song did anyway so I figured I'd rather have a bitchin' fake bass part than a crappy real one As for my voice, that was last year, and I was 15, and I just started singing so I've been practicing singing from my gut
The song sounds great except for the oddly timed shifting in the vocals to me. It wasn't even bad pitchy shifing. Just oddly timed. Otherwise really good job.
WOIW this is ****ing AWESOME

very nice and creative, not the usual stuff that tends to come from guitar forums . NICE to be living in your alternate reality. This is some VERY good stuff, I personally like it. The VOCALS could be produced just a tad better, maybe a little more verb or compression on the main voice. I LUV the melody of the vocals, VERY original and stringy.

this is some seriously DGAF music, very pure. Totally diggin it from the center of my being. When the drums kick in things really get cruising, the SONG writing is tight in that it never feels slow. KEEP GOING.

return the luv, my bruv

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466029

sub on the YT and they will too

(PS friend rockfan7 I LIKED your facebook page , hit us back!)
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
review

I love your reviews nightwind xD Thanks, I'll crit as soon as I get some sound sound on my computer and I'll like your facebook as well
I like the guitar parts, the drums are also pretty well done, much better than I can do. Your vocals kinda remind me of the singer for MCR for some reason. I like it over all, Not something that typically shows up here. Pretty sweet stuff you've got. I think it all fits pretty well, best of luck
That's the third comparison I've gotten to MCR, I don't see it, but I like that band so I'm not complaining really.

What do you say about the solo? My friend did it and I had to edit it A LOT to make it sound decent, I just can't get a metal tone or play really fast, I think I did an okay job editing it though..
Returning the crit!

Very original, the guitar and drums are pretty damn good and i love the solo at 04.40 I'm not sure what to say about the vocals, you might not be the best singer i've heard but your vocals fits this song perfectly though.

I enjoyed listening good job!
Well I certainly hope I'm not the best singer you've heard, that'd just be sad
Thanks for the crit

This song is cool. It reminds me of Mastodon especially the singing and lyrics, and also a bit of Pink Floyd. I really like the experimental aspect of it and how spontaneous it sounds, I can never guess what is going to happen next. It really does not seem like a 7 minute song either, you've done a great job of keeping it interesting all the way through. Composition-wise, nothing seems out of place, like when the vocals start getting more frantic the music picks up a few notches and stuff. I would like to hear the song eventually build up to a completely over the top screaming guitar and frantic drumming crescendo with you yelling some crazy lyrics over the top, but I dunno, that's just me and my odd musical tastes . Overall, really good song man
Thanks for the crit man!

As soon as I pressed play I was hit with something that reminded me so much of Puscifer it was ridiculous (I mean that in a good way, I'm a fan of their stuff). Singing is pretty good, I really never knowwhat to say because I don't sing, but I think it sounds pretty good. I actually really like it, it quite different from what I listen to normally but I'd come back again, if thats worth anything lol.
Dude! that was great, it's freaky right from the start, the vocals are crazy and fit the song perfectly, the guitar solo is also pretty cool. To me it has an old Muse vibe to it.
Not much to crit really, vocals could use a little boost in some parts, other than that, it's awesome, I wouldn't mind listening to more of this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469108
I like the layering of the differnent melodies. the keys/synths are fun. overall great sound. reminds me of a band called K, Sera, theyre kind of a more upbeat version of what ya got goin on here, you should def check them out, might give you some inspiration. Vocals are pretty good too, keep practicing. Guitar solo was unexpected and appreciated, thanks for keepin us on our toes! although i feel like the second part of it was unneeded and the overall sound of that part was kind of gritty and over distorted. Good songwriting man! c4c? you can do one or all of these, doesnt matter, i recommend multitudes if you do just one: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27857749#post27857749
The guitar solo was my friend, the file he gave me was like really blurry, extremely quiet, and unclear. I had to put it through two things to increase the sound just to make it audible, then I put it through ANOTHER amp to EQ and get it to fit. I took the main riff part and looped it over because it was out of time on the file he gave me. When it switched it sounded too messy so I doubled it and added a phaser, flanger, and put it up 3 notes just to make it sound messy on purpose so it would work.

Just because I didn't want to ask him again xD So yeah that's why the solo is like that. I'll crit everything I didn't tommorow
Ooo, I'm really liking this song. I like the mix you did for it. It reminds me of maybe.. Marilyn Manson. And before you take offense, I'm a Manson fan so that's a compliment coming from me. I really like this. Make a CD and put it on iTunes, you'll make money.

I really like your vocals. And I love the lead-ish guitar in the background through most of it. Sounds great. Really no complaints about it from me.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469032
^ No worries I love Marilyn Manson as well, Antichrist Superstar and Holywood are two of my favorite albums. Great stuff. And working on it
thanks for the crit a while ago!

I listened to Stung, wow dude that was really cool. It reminded me of Modest Mouse and Muse and Radiohead with some crazy ass-licking solo's. you have a really unique sense of sound and a balls out drum style. You seem to be doing your thing and you're good at it, so i feel like there's not much i can tell you to do about the songwriting, other than keep it up and keep expanding into other genres and styles as that is a great way to keep getting better. Must have taken you a while to record that whole thing, you clearly enjoy making music so don't ever stop