Help design my color scheme for my full sleeve. Outline is already done.

Got my first tat done last night, I've wanted it for 2 years now and finally had my chance to get it done cheap by a good artist. I only had enough money to get the outlining done, going back for color in two weeks or so.

I want a similar color scheme to this, just darker, or if you can see something else working better with the tat itself, by all means, go for it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I decided I want to add a moon in the background of it, so whatever will look good in contrast would be the best, probably.

I would really appreciate it, and you get to know you've got your work on some guy you've never met before. I'll provide pictures from both of the upcoming sessions as status updates too, and if you want, I'll post pictures from the next piece I'm going to get, which is going to be a traditionally colored phoenix with a sun behind it, tattooed on in the same outline. I'm turning myself into a mural of good and evil.

There will also be a trail following down on to the back of my hand, coming from the bird's tail. I'm thinking about adding white specks in the trail, same color as I use for the moon, with the trail being slightly lighter than the aura of the bird itself.

By the way, if any of you are in the Utah area, Neal at Unhinged tattoos in Ogden did this piece. He's fast, got a good portfolio, and seems to be a reasonable guy if something comes up.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Inb4 bitching about sleeves and how stupid they are.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Is that from WoW? lol..whatever floats your boat
Check out my band Disturbed
I think it would look pretty cheesy with the colour scheme you picked. Not sure what would look better though, I'd probably just do dark shading and colour the eyes.
i think youd find more help here
http://www.bodymod.org/
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Nice tattoo !
I'd go with neutral shading and accents. Purple would look weird I think ...
- - - - - - - - - - -
Itt: Tl;dr
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
reddish brown plumage on the hawk would be delightful.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
awesum tat
i like how ur doin the good n evil thing haha
i soo wanted to do tht too but with like angel wings and likd devil wings? haha idk if tht makes sense
but as far as colors go
u cud use the same purple color
i mean id suggest using a range of purples and blues (lol duh) but mostly like a violet purple n with sum light blue mixed in (to enhance the purple more) and other colors tht u cud use to give it more life n variety
anyways for the beak, it make it a dark golden with hints of brown
for the chest u cud made it a nice blend magenta (mostly) with belnds of purples and sum light blue (and if u wanna make it look brighter, sumoranges and yellows for higlights and a dark pine green with some light blues in the middle feathers n then purples n blue feathers around it blend the feathers like this: dark purples/dark blues to dark/light blue then green (mostly)/light blue/yellow to yellow/orange
also with the tip of the feathers on his head, ud wanna make it slightly organge andmagenta which will fade into the purples n blues of the head (and majority of the body)
u wanna make the blending color scheme like this from tip to body of feather:
orange to magenta to light blue to purples
and around the beak make the feathers purple with shades of dark red/mahogany and dark brown
for the tail u cud make the inner feathers the yellow orange green sceme and the other ones the dark red browns n magenta scheme (like the bottom of the belly being purlples n then fadin into the other colors)
and for the arm(bone) part of the wings, u wanna make it dark pruples n blues n then the wings a light blue and lavender

lol aye...well maybe (probably) u wanna switch up the places of the colors around.. (i kinda got lazy with it) but those color schemes will go n look hella awesum if u do it rite
if u want- i cud make a color visual of what im tryin to say if u can send me a pic ur whole tat (if possible)
but all in all gud luck withgetting the perfect colors of ur tat
: violence and heavy metal is the answer to everything
Quote by xheavyxXxmetalx
awesum tat
i soo wanted to do tht too but with like angel wings and likd devil wings? haha idk if tht makes sense
but as far as colors go
i mean id suggest using a range of purples and blues (lol duh) but mostly like a violet purple n with sum light blue mixed in (to enhance the purple more) and other colors tht u cud use to give it more life n variety
for the chest u cud made it a nice blend magenta (mostly) with belnds of purples and sum light blue (and if u wanna make it look brighter, sumoranges and yellows for higlights and a dark pine green with some light blues in the middle feathers n then purples n blue feathers around it blend the feathers like this: dark purples/dark blues to dark/light blue then green (mostly)/light blue/yellow to yellow/orange
also with the tip of the feathers on his head, ud wanna make it slightly organge andmagenta which will fade into the purples n blues of the head (and majority of the body)
and around the beak make the feathers purple with shades of dark red/mahogany and dark brown
for the tail u cud make the inner feathers the yellow orange green sceme and the other ones the dark red browns n magenta scheme (like the bottom of the belly being purlples n then fadin into the other colors)
and for the arm(bone) part of the wings, u wanna make it dark pruples n blues n then the wings a light blue and lavender

lol aye...well maybe (probably) u wanna switch up the places of the colors around.. (i kinda got lazy with it) but those color schemes will go n look hella awesum if u do it rite
if u want- i cud make a color visual of what im tryin to say if u can send me a pic ur whole tat (if possible)

i see what you're saying, but it's in the darker colors for a reason. I'm just trying to figure out which tone I should use of them. It's the evil side of the tat, lol. I want it to be simple so people see the entire scene for what it is, but still have a lot put into it. If that makes sense.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Quote by xheavyxXxmetalx
awesum tat
but as far as colors go

holy **** is this a poem? why do you write like that?
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
oh lol haha 4got about tht
then dump the yellows n oranges n make blends with the browns, reds, and magenta
it wont look super evil with it bein purple but i do think it will be dark enough to show its evil (if u put a hearty amount of resd n brwns)
but uhh u said u were also puttin a moon behin tht rite? n lengthenin the tail too?
Quote by WastedxYears
holy **** is this a poem? why do you write like that?

lol..yea i realized i wrote alot...just gotta supr into it :x lol
Quote by xheavyxXxmetalx
oh lol haha 4got about tht
then dump the yellows n oranges n make blends with the browns, reds, and magenta
it wont look super evil with it bein purple but i do think it will be dark enough to show its evil (if u put a hearty amount of resd n brwns)
but uhh u said u were also puttin a moon behin tht rite? n lengthenin the tail too?

Yes, and a trail following it. Tail staying like that length.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Quote by idahoimmortal

mk well i suggest makin the moon n trail light colors to contrast the darker colors of the bird
idk if u can, but try usin a whitish color scheme... haha im pretty sure ur tat artist cud help u more with tht color scheme
Quote by idahoimmortal

mk well i suggest makin the moon n trail light colors to contrast the darker colors of the bird
idk if u can, but try usin a whitish color scheme... haha im pretty sure ur tat artist cud help u more with tht color scheme
Quote by xheavyxXxmetalx

I definitely planned on the contrast. The trail will be light with specks the same color as the moon in it. And I plan on letting him take most of the creative right, but I do wanna have suggestions.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
or u cud use purples with teals n blues... *shrug*
holy shit... does that bird mean anything to u?

i personally like it the way it is ahaha, sometimes filling out colors with tatoos doesnt look as nice.
Quote by piratemetalhead
holy shit... does that bird mean anything to u?

i personally like it the way it is ahaha, sometimes filling out colors with tatoos doesnt look as nice.

I died and was revived, and ended up making some of the worst choices of my life shortly after. That's why it will be dark, but not pitch black; I would be lying if I said I regretted all of them. The traditional one I'm getting will be symbolic to hope. And they'll be facing each other to show internal conflict, and as a mural of good and evil. Or the start of the mural. My whole body will be the mural.

Yes. It does mean something to me.

Here's a hint: It says in the OP that it's a phoenix, bro.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300