Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for a good 24 fret guitar for roughly 500-750$

any recommendations? I'm not picky or biased or anything like that, so unheard of brands are cool with me.
I hate all of you...my opinion is my own...take it or leave it
Go with Schecter. I bought a Solo-6 Radiation (Not sure if they still make them) about a year and a half ago, and I have no complaints. Set up perfectly when I got it, string through body, handles low tunings great, fast neck, warm tone, and all frets were easily accessible.
I would recommend these guitars

Ibanez S series
Used Ibanez RG Prestige
Jackson Pro Series (DK2)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
@BledGhostWhite- Yea, I've tried a few Schecters out and each one I've tried was really good. I believe I played the C-1 hellraiser (or something like that).

@ampoverload- Agile is great. One of my bud's has the Ghost III (I believe thats what It's called) and its fantastic...he compares it to his Gibson all the time.

@stonyman65- The Ibanez S series is really good and I was actually eyeing this specific guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-s5ex1-electric-guitar. The Ibanez prestige's are work of arts, if I could find one that wasn't in sh*tty shape and in my budget, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As for the Jackson, I've personally never tried one out...so I'll have to do that when I go to guitar center this weekend.
pretty much any mid range guitar from these companies is good. it just depends on your play style and what you want in a guitar.
BC Rich if you like big necks and large scale sizes
Jackson or Ibanez for really thin necks and small scale sizes
Schecter is kinda in the middle with standard necks and scales.
of course you could probably find any one of those brands with any neck size and scale, but they tend to specialize in guitars with those types of specs. head over to guitar center and check them out. BC rich, schecter, ibanez, and jackson.
Definitely look into a Jackson. Love mine. Wish I could've found a 7 string Jackson in my price range when I was looking for one.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
A lower end Alexi Laiho signature? Those are awesome.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

lol...alright, how about:

-Easy playability (smooth neck so I can move fast on it)

-24 frets (as mentioned)

-PREFERABLY no whammy...if this is pretty much impossible to find with 24 fret guitars I'll rig it up to be fixed.

-Easy bendability (is that a word?). I love to play blues and stuff like that, so being able to pull off good bends with ease would really help. Now, I'm not talking Fender type bends, but something between a Fender and a Les Paul would be more than satisfactory.

-I'd love to have some type of set-up where its not just humbuggy, humbuggy...preferably something like humbucker, singlecoil, humbucker...like the whammy thing, if this set-up is hard to find, them ignore this bullet lol.

-I like standard coloring...like Black, Grey...see-through cherry maple...stuff like that. No ungodly bright colors (like some Ibanez' lol).

-A thin(er) neck

-Lightwieght, I fell off a roof about 4 years ago and while I play with heavier guitars (like Les Paul's) my back starts killing me after standing for so long...so something really light.

That basically sums up the things I want in a guitar...or, my new guitar...
HA! Man, If I found a Soloist for 750$, It would probably have to either be broken in half or it was used to wipe Paul Gilberts ass................actually I take that back, that would probably make it more expensive.
I will look it up, thanks
look for a used fender showmaster. nice guitars that are really underrated. i have the celtic version, and swapped the pickup and its a killer guitar. that one is only a single humbucker thouguh, but they did have HH configurations in a different series Showmasters at the time. they are pretty light, most have hardtail bridges, all are carved top, mine is silver metallic, but they came in all sorts of finishes.

some people will give them a bad wrap, but i have owned at least 50 guitars over eight years, and there is a reason i still have my showmaster.

just something off the wall the throw at you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by stonyman65
I would recommend these guitars

Ibanez S series
Used Ibanez RG Prestige
Jackson Pro Series (DK2)

+1

I'd also add in 1987-1992 first generation RG550 and RG570

They are some of the best bang for the buck you'll find.

They're every bit as good as the current and recent RG Prestige at a fraction of the cost.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
A Pre-lawsuit ESP Horizon.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
ltd ec1000

and did you ever get that amp situation figured out or are you still using the spider?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 1, 2011,
why can't you use a guitar with 22 frets? really how often are you playing up there and go damn I wish I could go two frets higher!!
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
considering u dont want a whammy (or else jackson all the way), Used LTD EC-1000. meets all your requirments except for ur pup configuration. its H-H
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by lbj273
why can't you use a guitar with 22 frets? really how often are you playing up there and go damn I wish I could go two frets higher!!

It doesn't happen very often but the times it does are very frustrating because it's a bit more difficult to add 2 frets onto a guitar than it is to just buy one with 24 in the first place.
@Gregs & Angus

Lmao, Yea... I moved from my house, so my 900$ budget went to about 500$. I bought a Blackstar HT-5 and the store I bought it from will allow me to switch to the HT-5r (when it releases), free of charge... It sounds amazing (compared to what I used to have)... I guess thats what matters lol.

I actually moved closer to town, so Im nearer to a good Guitar Center (hence me not posting recently).

@Everyone else:
I tried out about 6 different Ibanez models today after work, as well as some ESP's, BC RICH's, Jackson's, Sterling JP models... and I have to say out of all of them I was most impressed by the Ibanez RG1421F, Sterling JP100D and a certain PRS guitar (can't remember its damn name though lol). The Ibanez was amazing & had nearly everything I'd want (especially the no trem bar). The Sterling was unique, I'll definitely go back soon & try it out more. The PRS was really great actually... unfortunately I do remember that it was about 200$ over my budget. All in all I can honestly say that you all helped me in deciding what guitar I might purchase in the future. I'll go back & spend some time trying them out & comparing them...I might even try to convince my wife to up the budget a few hundred dollars to get some sweet pickups for the guitar lol.

Thanks guys. If there are any other spontaneous 24 fret guitars that you all want to mention, go right ahead, I'll recheck this thread a few more times then I guess it'll get lost in thread history lol.

Cheers
Daryl Hale
Quote by lbj273

lol... its not like I go to the 24th fret every song. Honestly, to me, 24 fret guitars just seem to feel better; play better etc. I have pretty big hands so the bigger neck & fret spacing helps out quite alot when I do decide to go past the 15th fret
Quote by EspTro
considering u dont want a whammy (or else jackson all the way), Used LTD EC-1000. meets all your requirments except for ur pup configuration. its H-H

I actually tried the ESP EC 1000 today (i forgot to mention this but...), It was great as well. I tried the vintage black & it was fantastic... im not the biggest fan of EMG pickups (though I do love the EMG JH pickups), but they sounded very good on a Blackstar HT-5, which surprised me a bit. It, like the Sterling JP100D, I will have to try again next time I go to Guitar Center.... probably tomorrow lol.
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
I actually tried the ESP EC 1000 today (i forgot to mention this but...), It was great as well. I tried the vintage black & it was fantastic... im not the biggest fan of EMG pickups (though I do love the EMG JH pickups), but they sounded very good on a Blackstar HT-5, which surprised me a bit. It, like the Sterling JP100D, I will have to try again next time I go to Guitar Center.... probably tomorrow lol.

theyre making em with duncans now too
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
theyre making em with duncans now too

Yea, I actually noticed that. They come in the "Amber Sunburst" or whatever the model is called...It actually looks really good. I'll have to try it out.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Damn man, thats an amazing deal...its almost so good that its sorta....odd? Ill contact the guy and ask him stuff about it. Thanks for posting that. You might have actually solved my problem.

On a random note...I know someone mentioned it before (somewhere) but is the Ibanez S series any good? Im just looking for personal opinions and thoughts...I'm just curious to what you all think.

Namely the Ibanez s570dxqm. I think with a change out of pickups, it could be pretty sweet. Thats basically all my thoughts on it.
I think that all of the S series have trems.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Yea, I actually noticed that. They come in the "Amber Sunburst" or whatever the model is called...It actually looks really good. I'll have to try it out.

they even have the satin black ones covered in gold-capped duncans
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by OliOsbourne
I think that all of the S series have trems.

Yea, All S series do have trems on them... the guitar center near me doesnt have any, so i was just wondering what you all thought about them.
Quote by EspTro
they even have the satin black ones covered in gold-capped duncans

Jesus....seriously? lol...i bet that thing looks sweet.
Page 1 of 2