Poll: Do you enjoy a campfire?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you enjoy a campfire?
No, it's boring/smelly/smoky/poop
8 5%
I'm not crazy about them, but I can sit around with friends at one
34 22%
Yes, I love the socializing with friends around a fire at the end of a long day
115 73%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
I'm trying to figure out if a friend/the drummer of my band is insane or not. I'm trying to initiate a night for the band to hang out after practice, and everyone's cool with going to a fire to chill with a 6 pack, except him, and it's only because he doesn't like fires.

Pit, man has cherished and relied on fire for entertainment, story time, and overall just chill time. Other than dealing with smoke in your eyes/smelling up you and your clothing, how could one possibly dislike a gathering of friends around a fire? inb4 boring, too.
is masturbating allowed around said campfire?
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
I've only done it once. There are always strict fire bans where I live.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
It totally depends on the people. If they're my good friends, totally awesome. If not, no thanks.

He could get sick/asthmatic from the smoke or he could be afraid of fire or something. Or just uncomfortable being so chummy around new people. Just ask him? People like to do different things for fun.

I, for example, don't like parties or dancing because I'm boring
Last edited by D&DLover at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
I've only done it once. There are always strict fire bans where I live.

Well, that's different. I'm talking about when you are allowed to or when you have anyways. I mean, you can't even legally do it, and this guy takes that for granted and says "Well, I don't even LIKE it!"
Quote by JDizzle787
The one in question or all of them? I think that's up to everyone involved...

I only approve of the ones where masturbating is explicitly allowed and encouraged around the fire in a circular fashion.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Some of the best times I've ever had have been around campfires. I'm not a fan of camping at all, but sitting around the fire with beers and bros makes it very well worth it.
Is he a sociable guy? If not, he'll just be staring at a fire for a couple hours. It seems like there's always one of those guys at every campfire, and maybe he just doesn't want to be that guy.
Balls.
Quote by breadstick
One six pack for a whole band?

Well, 3 out of the 5 of us regularly drink, the other two either not much because they're either picky (our singer is a classic irish guy with a taste for whatever his gf wants) or just doesn't like it (drummer), and I'm fine with that. The other guitarist and I are lightweights too. I'd be down for a 12 pack, but just barely more than half would be drank. Not sure who the rest would go to.

And I can't say he's not sociable- he all calls us his best friends and is only mildly socially awkward. I mean, the guy's had 4 girlfriends, compared to my 0
Quote by JDizzle787
Well, 3 out of the 5 of us regularly drink, the other two either not much because they're either picky (our singer is a classic irish guy with a taste for whatever his gf wants) or just doesn't like it (drummer), and I'm fine with that. The other guitarist and I are lightweights too. I'd be down for a 12 pack, but just barely more than half would be drank. Not sure who the rest would go to.

And I can't say he's not sociable- he all calls us his best friends and is only mildly socially awkward. I mean, the guy's had 4 girlfriends, compared to my 0

I've had girlfriends and I'm still sometimes "that guy" at social gatherings. Rarely, but it can happen. Totally different scenarios.
Quote by D&DLover
I've had girlfriends and I'm still sometimes "that guy" at social gatherings. Rarely, but it can happen. Totally different scenarios.

I didn't mean it can't happen, my point was just to emphasize that he is sociable, I could say even more so than I on some occasions.

Anyways, point is, what bugs me the most is he can't just go along with it to hang out with a band he claims to be really good friends with. It's not a whole heck of a lot to have to put up with, concerning a campfire. It's just fire, friends, and sitting.
Quote by JDizzle787

Lightweight or not, that's not even enough for a buzz.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Lightweight or not, that's not even enough for a buzz.

This. Im like 116lbs and a very casual drinker and it still takes me like four beers for a buzz.
I like smelling like the smoke afterwards, but it sucks when the smoke gets into my eyes.

Eh, they're peaceful and all of that. I don't think I need to have one every night.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Maybe he's not comfortable with the idea of alcohol at the fire, ask him about that=\
The drummer might not like campfires, but who likes drummers?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
The drummer might not like campfires, but who likes drummers?

BA DUM TISH
Quote by JDizzle787
I'm trying to initiate a night for the band to hang out after practice, and everyone's cool with going to a fire to chill with a 6 pack, except him, and it's only because he doesn't like fires.

Is he arsonphobic?
This is something I miss of my childhood. We'd go to a field on the other side of the county, pitch a few tents and get a massive fire going. Strum an acoustic guitar and drink a few cans of cider/beer. We weren't going to get wankered, just to chill.

Best thing was watching the sun rise across a lake and just sitting there talking about random bollocks with my friends.

/reminiscing

Yeah, go for it TS! You'll have fun. Beat people into going if they're anxious.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I only like it when I'm sitting on a girl's lap.

The great thing about is that when the lady gets wet with arousal, her crotch dries up in no time, thanks to the fire.
You need more than a six pack, and a joint, and some acoustic guitars. Fires are pretty much the best thing ever, and anyone who says other wise is wrong. Get rid of your drummer.
Chilling around fires is awesome! I was doing just that last night with my buds.
I prefer sitting around them when they've just become a pile of embers, with maybe a few small flames on. Much warmer, no smoke get get all up in my shit and you don't need to worry about it spreading or going out.
Make some toast, roll some smokes and subtly slide the beer crate to the side of you and you're set.
I dropped my phone into a campfire last week.

As long as that doesn't happen, and mosquitoes aren't eating my asshole, I enjoy it.
It was a big past time in the army. I got used to them, so I can really get into doing it.
There's nothing better than a bonfire after a couple (seven) jack and cokes. Really loosens you up cuz everyone is just chilling and a guitar just brings everyone together.

I think your drummer is mad because he doesn't know the songs to get the ladies, and banging on a rock is useless.

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
i'm not very sociable so i tend to enjoy making the fire more than sitting around it
It's because drummers haven't discovered fire yet and don't understand it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Page 1 of 2