I picked up this amazing axe at my local music store on Saturday, and boy does it scream. It has EMGS, Gotoh tuners, a original Floyd Rose and 2 volume as well as tone pots. It also came with a hardcase, which looks a bit low cost for the guitar. As soon as I plugged it in to my Spider III ( I know, I know...waiting for the day I can get a 6505) I could tell how awesome this thing was. I got the hang of divebombs, reverse divebombs and all of that in a jiffy, due to the extremely easy to use Floyd it never went out of tune.

Prior to me purchasing it, it had hung on the shelf for a few months, and it was still in tune! I absolutely love the black finish with the white binding, and I enjoy polishing it like every 20 minutes The neck is insanely comfy, and I actually feel like better guitarist already. The only thing I would be happy to change would be the strings, because I play in drop D and they are kind of thin, so there is a bit of rattle, and the action is super low

That is all I could think of adding, if you have any questions, just ask!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Aug 1, 2011,
oh god that is sexy

cherish that thing. it looks great

HNGD

(btw, i'm very jelly)
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Oh boy I am! It's sooooo fast! I'm learning the Beast and the Harlot solo now, as I can't really do much fast stuff, and I sound almost like Syn! I take off my belt when I play so I don't nick the finish on the back.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

wise choice
although i don't do that on my cheaper guitars because i like them to wear out faster, lol
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I only have 2, Haha. I've been playing for a year and a half, and I first got a JD Brothers strat copy, and that thing is trashed !
Quote by luxeion

Don't you mean original floyd rose ?

I have been gigging with this model since 2008 as my main guitar. they are beasts - you should invest in a KGC brass block on the floyd

CONGRATS !
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Whoops, sorry. Corrected, what's a KGC brass block?
Quote by luxeion

ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Can you lift up with it?
Quote by luxeion

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Can you lift up with it?

Not with the one i have. (i dont pull up anyways and its easier to restring) . but they have recently released one that you can pull up with.
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Hmmm, sounds interesting
Quote by luxeion

Mmmkay, I am already insanely satisfied with mine as is, so I won't be changing much.
Quote by luxeion

Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NGD Looks nice TS. I just don't like active EMG's. Your Floyd already has a Brass block in it.

They are made out of brass in the German and Korean (FR-x000) OFR's, the only one that is Zinc or as some call pot metal is the FR Special, also most all LFR's are pot metal, and I am sure the ESP has a Korean or German OFR so it is definitely brass.

Towards TS:
So I wouldn't bother getting a brass block unless you get one that is thicker than your original, or it will just be a waste of money and you wont hear/make any difference.

I have this model and it doesn't have a brass block. I have the block upstairs.....isn't brass. I believe you are mistaken, a simple test ofcourse is for the OP to take a peak.

and to the op i was just stating the amazing affect the kgc block had on it, mine now sound fatter and acoustically louder than many hard tail les pauls i've played. it sounded good before but tnow there is no negative to me having a FR on there
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Yeah, I know! Could it possibly get any better? Only with like an Afterburner or something!
Quote by luxeion

Quote by Way Cool JR.
If it's an OFR it is a brass block, the reason you may think it's not brass is because Floyd Rose chrome plates their brass blocks, their not your typical golden brass. But if it is a flat grey looking thing and almost looks like lead it is pot metal. The only way that would be on an OFR is if someone replaced it for some strange reason, but that's highly doubtful.

The reason you got a noticeable difference in tone is more than likely due to the new block having more mass to it than the old one. In that case it would make a difference, but if TS got another brass one the same size it would make no difference at all.

+1

sweet guitar
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't want to start a new thread, but can someone tell me in detail how to restring a Floyd? The only guy who can do it at my music shop will be gone for 2 weeks, I don't want to wait, also do I need to adjust the truss rod for .10-.52's?
Quote by luxeion

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Aug 1, 2011,
the guitar most likely came with a 10-46 guage so probably no truss rod adjustments will be needed.

as for setting up the floyd, im pretty sure theres a sticky on that, its fairly straight forward but takes time
Okay, I'll check
Quote by luxeion

but about the truss rod, heres what id do:

slap those 10-56s on there now and set your action and set up the floyd and all to your preference.

if in a month or so you notice theres noticable neck bow you dont want, adjust the truss rod then
.52's...... Kinda big difference, this is a 2000$ guitar here, I never want any neck bow.
Quote by luxeion

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
.52's...... Kinda big difference, this is a 2000$ guitar here, I never want any neck bow.

oh sorry my bad, I use a 10-52 guage and an 11-56 gauge so i guess i mixed them up.

but yea i know exactly what you mean about it being a 2000$ guitar and you wanting to make sure nothing gets messed up, but i the truss rod adjustments for that switch would be very minimal, the neck bow you would get if any would barely raise the action and could be resolved in like less than a 1/4 turn i think.
Hmmm, sounds easy..... But I think I'll wait for the pros to get back from vacation, if you catch my drift
Quote by luxeion

It depends on the individual. Just change the strings first and the next day when the neck has totally gotten used to the adjustments, check the bow and action. If it then looks like you'd need to adjust the truss rod, do so, but with extreme care and very little at a time. Slight adjustments might mean 1/4 or even only an eight of a turn. Totally depends on the individual situation.
Ahhh, okay.
Quote by luxeion

HNGD

Not normally a fan of LP style guitars...

The finish on that beast is awesome
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by luxeion

Quote by Way Cool JR.
If it's an OFR it is a brass block, the reason you may think it's not brass is because Floyd Rose chrome plates their brass blocks, their not your typical golden brass. But if it is a flat grey looking thing and almost looks like lead it is pot metal. The only way that would be on an OFR is if someone replaced it for some strange reason, but that's highly doubtful.

The reason you got a noticeable difference in tone is more than likely due to the new block having more mass to it than the old one. In that case it would make a difference, but if TS got another brass one the same size it would make no difference at all.

My apologies. You are correct

but installing the KGC block (which weighed nearly the same as the entire floyd unit with the stock block attached) was an amazing improvement. it really does what is promissed.
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
I don't know, I love them both, I like divebombs and stuff so I think it's perfect. I have yet to master the Floyd Rose though..
Quote by luxeion