I finally got a nice pedal board yesterday to house my growing collection of pedals. The board came with an inbuilt power supply. I've already noticed, after just one use, that the power supply causes quite a bit of high pitched hum in my circuit. Not enough to make me that annoyed, but still a bit.

I did some trial and error and found that my little Pastrami pedal was one of the main offenders for the hum. When it was in the circuit, it was responsible for about 50% of the hum. I've always thought of it as a pretty disposable pedal (hell, I got it brand new for about $20 about 4 years ago), and now I'm thinking it might be time to move onto something a little more "grown up"

What pedals are there (less than about $150 would be preferred, but I can stretch to $200) that have the same sort of tone, but are more of a complete pedal? I like to think that the Pastrami is bluesy. It adds a nice bitey tone to my guitar, and I actually use the effect quite a bit in my playing. But its quality just isn't up to scratch.

Would something like a Boss Blues Driver be acceptable?

Thanks for any feedback!
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Boss Blues Driver or Ibanez tube screamer.

Check out some sound samples of each but to me, the blues driver is a bit more mellow tone wise and the screamer is more mid/high boost. Both are good though.
Which amp would you be using it on? The spider?

I hate to be 'that guy,' but i really think you should look in to a new amp, digital modelers wont take overdrives well, and might be a waste of money to spend a large amount on a pedal.
Yeah, it's kinda beating a dead horse to say get a new amp around here, but if you have up to $200 to spend, plus whatever you could sell your amp for, you could get a small combo that will give you a better overall sound, and a good bluesy overdrive.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by jaybals
Which amp would you be using it on? The spider?

I hate to be 'that guy,' but i really think you should look in to a new amp, digital modelers wont take overdrives well, and might be a waste of money to spend a large amount on a pedal.

Digital modelers take drive pedals perfectly fine. Except the spider. Because it models a pile of fizzy crap.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yeah I know.. A new amp is in the works. It will be played through a Vox AC30, but I still need something to give it a bit of a boost now. I'm playing a gig soon where I'll be able to use an AC30, and I guess that'll give me a good chance to check it out. But that gig is a battle of the bands, so I don't want to have tonnes of hum then...
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition