i recently picked up classical guitar after years of metal and i was wondering if some of you more experienced guys could crit my version of chopins nocturne no.9 on my profile and give me some tips on the areas i most need to improve

thanks
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
right off the bat critique :
~Slurs are weak

~Your volume is very low, you need to play louder ( its what my teacher calls wimpy playing haha)

~ Rhythm needs work (to me your using a bit to much rubato)

~MOST IMPORTANT : Your tone isnt very good, and if you dont have a beautiful tone alot fo people dismiss you immediately, A beautiful Tone is EXTREMELY important in classical guitar.

That being said, if your starting out its not that bad. it seems to flow pretty well.
the the things i listed are things that alot of people work on also.

did you learn this by tab or sheet music?

i can recommend you some stuff to check out and books that will help your playing if you would like just send me a PM.
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Aug 1, 2011,
i used tab after listening to it on youtube.the rubato is deliberate as i didnt want to just play a carbon copy of the piano version.

are long nails necessary for good tone? iv been playing with the pads of my fingers so far

thanks!
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Your articulation's all over the place as in, your note volumes are inconsistent and the tone is uneven.

Way too much rubato. Rubato =/= expressiveness.

You need to separate the melody and accompaniment alot more, the accompaniment is way louder than the melody which shouldn't happen.

Slurs are weak

Tone could be much better, you don't need long nails for good tone, you need well shaped nails for good tone. John Williams' nails are very short and he gets a beautiful sound.

I'd say the thing you need to improve on the most is fluency and articulation but without actually watching you play, I can't say much else about it.
Quote by XianXiuHong
John Williams' nails are very short and he gets a beautiful sound.

Classical Guitarist