Page 1 of 2
Who cares, it was never great. It should of died a long time ago, long before reality shows replaced music on there.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
man when it first hit, MTV was crazy popular. kids (myself included) would watch it day and night. then it stopped being music now it should go away.
Did absolute wonders for music early on, however nowadays it is complete rubbish.
i liked it when it had punk and metal music on it.

now its just a bunch of teenagers crying because they got ****ed without a condom.
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
It was enjoyable in the '90s, but since then has become a shell of it's former self. MTV hasn't been relevant to me in years.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
the only one worth noting anymore is much more music

it actually plays music still, 78.32% of the music they play is pop bullshit though.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I used to like MTV back in the 90s. The last 10 years have really seen it go down the shitter.

I remember when they played music, and had shows like Beavis and Butthead, Daria, and Clone High. Even the Real World and Road Rules used to be decent shows.

Even some slightly newer stuff like Pimp My Ride was decent. Now it's just garbage.
I remember MTV in its infant days, it was much different. It truly was Music Television. It was simply music videos played 24/7 with no commercials except for the occasion music star coming on and stating, "I Want My MTV."
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by daytripper75
I used to like MTV back in the 90s. The last 10 years have really seen it go down the shitter.

I remember when they played music, and had shows like Beavis and Butthead, Daria, and Clone High. Even the Real World and Road Rules used to be decent shows.

Even some slightly newer stuff like Pimp My Ride was decent. Now it's just garbage.

Don't forget Celebrity Deathmatch and some claymation show about a dog and a sheep I think?
I don't think MTV even knows what music is anymore. Dose anyone else get MTV classic? We just started geting it down here in New Zealand, it actully plays music, and when its not playing music its playing shows about music. Its not to bad except when they play that anoying 90's rap. But hey, its better then 21st century rap.
Quote by Steve635z
First ever video broadcast on MTV?

10 points to the winner.

Video Killed the Radio Star. Don't care if ninja'd, I just wanted to point this out.

But yeah, MTV is only good for the Beavis and Butthead revival coming up.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by PlaguePlaymate
Video Killed the Radio Star. Don't care if ninja'd, I just wanted to point this out.

But yeah, MTV is only good for the Beavis and Butthead revival coming up.

Quote by Steve635z

Ironic isn't it?
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by PlaguePlaymate
Ironic isn't it?

It would have been if it hadn't been Money for nothing.
Quote by Anthony1991
Who cares, it was never great. It should of died a long time ago, long before reality shows replaced music on there.

The first video they ever played was Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. At least they did something right.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
The first video they ever played was Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. At least they did something right.

As in the song that came out in 85, four years after MTV started? It was the first video on MTV Europe though
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
Last edited by Sox0690 at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by Sox0690
As in the song that came out in 85, four years after MTV started? It was the first video on MTV Europe though

That's what I meant
MTV was actually cool once upon a time, i believe? I wasn't there of course. Oh! Oh! And...is it true it once used to be MUSIC TELEVISION? As in - MUSIC television with MUSIC vids and, and--? wow. *_*
I don't know why people still complain about MTV not showing music videos anymore. It's not like they've really shown any in about 10+ years.
Quote by daytripper75
I don't know why people still complain about MTV not showing music videos anymore. It's not like they've really shown any in about 10+ years.

well they used to have countdowns and stuff like 7 years ago.

when i first started watching i was 14, and they had music still, i loved it for that, i no longer watch mtv though.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Wrong.

It was Video Killed the Radio Star. Someone even said it higher in the thread.
Quote by daytripper75

I really don't care, and to the people complaining that when they do play music it's always pop don't you remember all the cheesy synthesizer music and hair metal from the eighties?
Quote by Anthony1991
Who cares, it was never great.

um ... no ...

MTV used to be really subversive and play great music. 120 minutes alone made the channel great. and alternative nation with kennedy. AND she was kinda hot.

you're talkin' out yo' ass, son.
#DTWD

I'm old enough to have seen the glory days of MTV. Remote Control, YO! MTV Raps, 120 Minutes, Headbanger's Ball, etc... I remember Madonna's cone tits, Downtown Julie Brown, Randee of the Redwoods, Kurt Loder, Beavis and Butthead when they were new... I also remember bitching about MTV not being a music channel back when I was in High School - I graduated in '98 FFS.

I haven't watched MTV regularly since Coolio's "Fantastic Voyage" was still in heavy rotation. That was 17 years ago.

"Yo dog, I got a hundred dollaz and some baking soda. Let's do this".
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
MTV is responsible for two main TV atrocities:

-It introduced the banality that is reality TV (the real world)
-It started the business model of introducing irrelevant programming that pushes out the relevant ones, and then presented an illusion of choice by branching into higher subscription channels (MTV2, 3, etc) that showed the original content.

Both of these horrendous practices can be seen across the board: Food Network, Discovery, HGTV, etc.

Fuck MTV.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Lee Makky
i liked it when it had punk and metal music on it.

now its just a bunch of teenagers crying because they got ****ed without a condom.

I giggled.

I think AMtv is the only music video show on the network now.
Quote by Anthony1991

It was great.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2