Page 1 of 2
ok. so its time i upgrade my my old crappy phone and get a new "smart" phone. i have verizon, so wwat are the benefits of iphone vs a driod? im rlly not looking to spend too too much money.... idk, opinions?
No versus thread brah.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
crap, sorry, i didnt rlly mean it as a veresus thread, i just wanted to know wich route to take with getting a new phone
I have a HTC Sensation which runs android, I thoroughly recommend it. If you like being able to customize stuff get android. That's about what you can say, hardware stuff like processor, internal memory, camera etc. is invididual to the various phones.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
crap, sorry, i didnt rlly mean it as a veresus thread, i just wanted to know wich route to take with getting a new phone

If you didn't mean it as a versus thread you made a strange decision putting it in the title.

iPhone
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
I don't have either but I'd say Android. My brother has a phone that runs droid and he likes it. Try asking your friends that have either and see what they say about it.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I'm hazarding a guess that this thread will be closed, but since it's not intended as an actual verses thread i'll reply anyway.

I'm so tempted to say go for the droid, because I dislike the Apple corporation, but from what I hear then the iphone is actually extremely good, aside from the battery life. I'd say if you have the money, go for the iphone.
Android market has more 3rd party apps, and from what I've seen, is preferred in my area over the iPhone.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I have android and I love it, thought the (non-free) music apps are better on the Iphone...But for the money go for the droid

choose it ANYWAY!!!!
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
My room mate had a 3GS and instead of upgrading to 4 he went with an android and said he loves it. From what I've seen the android lets you do so much more and has the best selection of hardware and apps. The only reason I can see someone getting an iPhone is to be able to have their iTunes library with them like an iPod.
Quote by Chad11491
The only reason I can see someone getting an iPhone is to be able to have their iTunes library with them like an iPod.

This. I've never used an Android phone, but I have an iPhone 3GS and I really like it. It's easy to use, and does everything I need it to (and more). The battery life is OK...depending on how many apps you have open it can last anywhere from half a day to a couple of days. The biggest benefit for me is that it syncs with my MacBook extremely well. Mail, Contacts, Calenders, Music, even PDF documents. If you add/change/remove on one, it happens on the other device the next time you sync. With the new OS, it'll do it all via Apple's cloud instantaneously, so you don't need to sync. If you have an Apple computer, then an iPhone would be the obvious choice, IMO. If not, then it's really up to you and what you want.

Go play with both at a store, ask as many people as you can, get as many opinions as you can, and decide on a phone that's best for your purposes and what you like.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
I like my HTC Desire, though I havent done any mods to it but I really like it.

iPhone - Best gadget
HTC - Better phones.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
ok. so its time i upgrade my my old crappy phone and get a new "smart" phone. i have verizon, so wwat are the benefits of iphone vs a driod? im rlly not looking to spend too too much money.... idk, opinions?

Not iPhone, then.

Just get the best HTC you can afford, basically.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
If you have the money for a good data plan, go iphone. the only reason to go android is money, most people i know with iphones love them to death while the android users are kind of meh about their phones.
3g is 50 bucks with a data plan so their is an idea. also, if you have an ipod, get an iphone so you can carry one gadget with you.
Last edited by anvil is god at Aug 1, 2011,
If you have the money, iPhone hands down. I have an Android. I love it, and it is a worthy alternative, absolutely, but it just feels like there's not much control over the OS by Google, and of course, because it's means to be an open environment.

I prefer the iOS where everything is optimized and closed. You can pick up an iPhone and not expect something to go wrong. I ended up choosing an Android because my current phone is only half the price of the iPhone at that time. In terms of cost-effectiveness, I find many Android phones to trounce the iPhone because you're paying a premium for the iPhone.

If you don't really mind the fact that you might be missing out on some of the better apps by choosing Android, Android is still very good. A common problem last time is the lack of the iPhone-like smoothness, but the phones are starting to be better at handling applications and whatnot now, so it's no longer something to choose the iPhone over. Plus, some of the more popular apps on the iPhone are also available on Android too.

Edit: For some reason I read that you did't want to spend too much money but didn't register it. Might want to also consider second-hand iPhones.
Last edited by triface at Aug 1, 2011,
I would say iPhone, but as you said you don't want to spend a lot of money, Android.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
I have an iPhone and it's pretty awesome. But if you don't want a bunch of people bitching at you for contributing to that evil evil evil satan incarnate, Steve Jobs, then get an HTC.

(In all seriousness, though, apparently HTC phones are tits)
I have a Droid 2 and I love it but the new iPhones are pretty sweet too. The new Droids are starting to turn in to iPhones. The only major difference is the app. I would assume, since its apple, that theyre arent a lot of free 3rd party apps. But with android those 3rd party apps dont always work to well with the force closing and such, but the companies that put them out have been pretty good with regularly updating them. So as long as youre on verizon, you cant really go wrong with either one. Go test them out and see which one FEEELS right
anything with a battery life longer than 5 minutes is better than a droid. i wish i had an iphone. my mom has had 2 droids. the original, and the incredible. the first one broke in a matter of months, and the one we have now is just like the first one with a shytty toutch screen keypad, which makes me put random periods instead of spaces. plus one to anyone who sides with the iphone
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
I have an HTC Sensation, and it's an absolutely great phone. Can't say i've ever used an iPhone, but 90% of the people i know who own one piss me off. So i'd say go droid, and don't turn into a pretentious dbag.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
I was going to get a new iPhone, then I realised it's dated and frankly not great at being a phone. I settled for the new Samsung Galaxy s2, which was a lot cheaper than an iphone, and technologically superior in every way. I can almost guarantee the next instalment of the iPhone will not come close to the s2.

I'd say if you've no common sense and do only what others do, go for an iPhone. If you use your head and want to spend less money on a better phone, go for a droid.

EDIT: I'm not being the edgy guy by hating on Apple by the way, I love my iPod and I used to have an iPhone. It's just now there are much better phones for less money.
Last edited by Bonorly at Aug 1, 2011,
Don't let a salesperson con you into an android, I did and its the worst decision I've made in my life. Yes the apps are free, but they're nothing more than a flash game you could find on the internet. Battery life is shit as well. Mine dies within a few hours unless its plugged into the wall every second I use it. Not to mention if your battery goes to the red line you'll have to have it plugged in the wall for 4 hours. Droids can also be hacked into easily, I know this from experience. The apple commercial is right when it says unless its an iphone, then its not an iphone. Droids try too hard to be something they're not. A blackberry, however, is another solid choice to look into.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Wait another month or so, when iPhone 5 comes out.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Wait another month or so, when iPhone 5 comes out.

this was another question of mine...when is it coming out and whats gonna be so special about it?
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
this was another question of mine...when is it coming out and whats gonna be so special about it?

It'll probably be nothing that different. It'll just have updated hardware, a new design, and a shiny new pricetag. But it will probably be better. Just expensive as hell.
if iphone 5 is anything like ios5 it is a huge copy of android.
theres a reason apple is trying to use lawyers to prevent the sale of android hardware, and the fact that they didnt care when android was the little guy.

really its all personal taste, but i prefer android.

go to the store and try both, its the only way to determine what you actually want.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by LostLegion
No versus threads

Reported

stop being an ass. everything about your post pisses me off.

Now, I have an iPhone and I love it.

the difference between iPhone and androids is kind of like the difference between Mac and PCs

Macs work awesomely, awesomely fast, with few to no errors or ****-ups ever, but limit your customization severely to prevent idiots who dont know what they're doing from ****ing up the functionality by installing a million incompatible 3rd party applications and stuff.

The reason people's PCs get slow and get viruses and shit is usually because the user doesnt know how to prevent that shit. they click popups, downloaded shit from limewire, install tons of plugins, software, stuff that was never made to work together really.

Android is a bit better than that though because there isnt as much stuff to install or download that can **** it up.

TL;DR: iPhone if you want an easy, relatively maintenance free smartphone experience. Android if you wanna customize everything, but you risk ****ing it up somewhat (emphasis on somewhat, its still pretty hard to **** it up)

having said that, you can jailbreak an iPhone to give it pretty much all the same customization. you can also root Androids to give them more functionality too.

they're both quality, it just depends on what you want.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Good god there's some hopeless misinformation in this thread. If you don't know what you're talking about then why even bother commenting?

For one thing, the term 'Droid' refers to the Motorola Droid series only. They run Android but you don't call all Android phones 'Droids' obviously.

The suggestion that battery life is crap on Android is also complete junk perpetuated by idiots. It's an efficient operating system in it's recent incarnations (from Froyo upwards) and the battery life depends hugely on the battery capacity, which varies hugely between phones. Also bear in mind that with Android phones you can remove the battery, wheras on an Iphone you can't (without taking specially designed tools to it and dissassembling the thing).

Justnmcknz is full of shite, there's plenty of good games on Android, as well as plenty of fantastic apps. His stuff about 'Droids being easy to hack' is just the same for IOS, so just ignore him.

Go to a site like Engadget and read some reviews. Ignore half the people in here.

I've got nothing against Iphones, I'd happily take one. I'm running WP7 at the moment.
Last edited by BumbleBoned at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by BumbleBoned
Good god there's some hopeless misinformation in this thread. If you don't know what you're talking about then why even bother commenting?

For one thing, the term 'Droid' refers to the Motorola Droid series only. They run Android but you don't call all Android phones 'Droids' obviously.

The suggestion that battery life is crap on Android is also complete junk perpetuated by idiots. It's an efficient operating system in it's recent incarnations (from Froyo upwards) and the battery life depends hugely on the battery capacity, which varies hugely between phones. Also bear in mind that with Android phones you can remove the battery, wheras on an Iphone you can't (without taking specially designed tools to it and dissassembling the thing).

Justnmcknz is full of shite, there's plenty of good games on Android, as well as plenty of fantastic apps. His stuff about 'Droids being easy to hack' is just the same for IOS, so just ignore him.

Go to a site like Engadget and read some reviews. Ignore half the people in here.

I've got nothing against Iphones, I'd happily take one. I'm running WP7 at the moment.

you come in hear guns ablaze and the first thing you say is idiotically wrong and spread misinformation.

Verizon has bought the rights to the name droid from george lucas, droid means an android phone on verizon, otherwise by your definition, motorola makes the samsung droid charge and the htc droid incredible.

also identical phones that are called droids on verizon, have different names in other countries.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you come in hear guns ablaze and the first thing you say is idiotically wrong and spread misinformation.

Verizon has bought the rights to the name droid from george lucas, droid means an android phone on verizon, otherwise by your definition, motorola makes the samsung droid charge and the htc droid incredible.

also identical phones that are called droids on verizon, have different names in other countries.

Oh balls.

However;

That shit ain't true here.
My Droid X is fantastic. A little huge compared to most phones, but I like it. Battery life is great, had no problems. It's so very customizable, you can make it any way you want.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Page 1 of 2