I recently bought an Ibanez RG1527 with an Edge Pro tremolo and the thing just won't stay in tune. I have absolutely no clue on how to operate this thing or how to tune it other than turning the tuning knobs until correct, then locking the nut and doing the rest with the tuners on the bridge.

Thing is: the bridge is NOT flat with the body and the whole guitar goes out of tune VERY easily. What the hell is wrong with my guitar? I bought a 7 string to have fun with and all it has done is break down on me. I even had it adjusted at the store, but that didn't seem to help. The bridge was flat for about a day and after that tilted to the neck again.

I opened up the back to see if I could do anything with the springs (there's 3 of them in there), but I didn't know what I could do. If it matters; I had it readjusted at the store because it came with .09's. I now have .10's on it. The guitar is an Ibanez RG1527 with an Edge Pro tremolo.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you!
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
since you put a higher gauge string, it has more string tension. so you have to tighten the screws on the back of the guitar where the springs are. not to much just quarter turns then tune if it's equal to the body then it good, but if it's going into the body you have to loosen the screws.
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
if the bridge is raising up, tighten the springs. if it's collapsing into the cavity, loosen them.

After you've got it pretty level, it's a matter of tuning and retuning, and adjusting the springs so the bridge remains parallel to the top of the guitar*, until the thing is completely in tune and the bridge is parallel*.

*I say parallel but I have a feeling the edge pro isn't meant to be completely parallel, because of its design (I'm not certain, though, so don't quote me). there are probably some diagrams somewhere on the forum if you do a search.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Greed18
since you put a higher gauge string, it has more string tension. so you have to tighten the screws on the back of the guitar where the springs are. not to much just quarter turns then tune if it's equal to the body then it good, but if it's going into the body you have to loosen the screws.

Thanks very much. I read your post, had another look in the manual and got it all working. Great, now I know how to do this stuff, cool!
pretty much loosen the strings, tighten the springs in the back of the guitar, if you tighten it too much its easier to fix than if its not tight enough.

if you overtighten the bridge will be leaning into the recess on the body. and all you need to do is slowly loosen it and retune until its parallel to the body. floyd roses are a PITA and you have to have patience and get used to the work, or sell the guitar and dont buy one with that kind of bridge again. some people think they're just not worth it, and depending on ones playing style, they might not be

edit:

and since the low strings have more tension, I like to start with the low E, I find I get in tune quicker that way.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by unnameduser
This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQT9-Y0R9A

Is the best, easiest, fastest, most efficient, most accurate and simplest way of setting up a floating bridge. Watch it. Watch all of it.

That was amazing. What an efficiency. Great, thank you.