Poll: Firebird or Non-Reverse Firebird
Poll Options
View poll results: Firebird or Non-Reverse Firebird
FireBird
25 74%
Non-Reverse Firebird
9 26%
Voters: 34.
I've narrowed down my guitar search to a guitar type at least and wanna catch a few opinions from the wise folks of the forum.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-limited-run-2011-firebird-studio-non-reverse-electric-guitar

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-firebird-2010-electric-guitar

I'm digging the cost of the non-reverse one but the other just has that charm.
I know the biggest difference is the 3 p90s vs mini-humbuckers. Never had three p90s but I know what a mini-humbucker will produce.

I haven't played either and won't be able to. NO ONE EVER carries any firebirds in South Carolina or Georgia...shame....

I used to own an epiphone firebird that I loved but was poorly constucted so I sold it. Sorta trying to base how it feels and such based off that.
Last edited by jtweito at Aug 1, 2011,
based entirely on cosmetics, i prefer the reverse firebird. i have nothing against the normal firebird shape, but the reverse version is badass.

I haven't tried either of those models, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i like the reverse much better...it looks better, and mini humbuckers produce a really unique sound....p90s are unique too but they still hum; i like humbuckers much better.

the only thing i will say, is i played a firebird(reverse) once and its a really uncomfortable guitar....the body is weirdly thin, and the neck is huge and dives....i loved the sound of the mini humbuckers but i didnt like the playability...the non reverse seems smaller and perhaps more comfortable; and then there is the price...
I prefer thenormal one. It seems more natural.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
a non reverse firebird is way more comfortable than the reverse ones. plus the bodies are slightly heavier for some reason.
reversed firebird for sure.

when i bought my gibson I had a choice between the V i now own and a white reversed fire bird. wouldve taken the firebird if it had full sized humbuckers and regular tuners :d
i find the non-reverse is more comfortable to play, and a lot better balanced too - just a better ergonomic design imo, even though it looks a bit more quirky and retro.

it's all down to personal preference really.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I prefer the non-reverse. It has less of the tendency to neck dive unlike it's twin :/
Reverse for sure. I used to have a Thunderbird bass, and I just love everything about that shape and headstock. The Non-Reverse just looks very strange, and lacks the bad ass flair the Reverse has.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Reverse for sure. I used to have a Thunderbird bass, and I just love everything about that shape and headstock. The Non-Reverse just looks very strange, and lacks the bad ass flair the Reverse has.

+1

the non-reverse is cool in a retro kind of way, but the reverse is cool without needing any qualifications.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?