Hey guys. I've just set up a Paypal account and an eBay account but I am unsure what I need to do to get fully ready to buy and sell on eBay.

As of yet, I still have £0 in my Paypal account. Do I need money in the account before I make a purchase on eBay? Or can I make the purchase, add funds to my Paypal and then complete the transaction?
Quote by Ruination
I do genuinely love her, and not just because I like her breasts you know?
So what is the £0 fund all about? I'm finding it a wee bit confusing at the minute.
Quote by Ruination
You have to set up a bank account, I went with checking, paypal will make 2 small deposits of like 5 cents or something, you call the bank to get the exact cents they deposited, type the numbers into paypal to confirm it really is your bank account, then you can buy and sell crap.
I have a premier account, but I doubt it's really different.
Quote by captaincrunk
Yeah it pulls from your bank account.

yep, or you can link your credit card to it, and paypal will just pull the needed money from there.
Quote by CorvetteRick
yep, or you can link your credit card to it, and paypal will just pull the needed money from there.

Well I added a debit card when I created the account. then it said it was going to make two small withdrawals (A check on my online statement says I currently have £2 less available).

My 'to do list' on Paypal still says I need to 'Complete Bank Setup' (what I explained above). So do I have to wait until I can see it on my statement or can I use ebay now?
Quote by Ruination
Last edited by jimbojetuk at Aug 1, 2011,
As a security measure, you can transfer funds from your bank to your Paypal account so buyers don't directly access your bank account. Or you can set it up so buyers take funds directly from your bank account without knowing your account number.
Quote by Guitbuilder
As a security measure, you can transfer funds from your bank to your Paypal account so buyers don't directly access your bank account. Or you can set it up so buyers take funds directly from your bank account without knowing your account number.

I'd rather they transfer funds from my Paypal account and avoid buyers taking funds from my bank.
Quote by Ruination
They deposit some money into your bank. You then give the exact money they deposited so they know it's your account. You're then linked and any purchase comes from your account.

You can choose to unlink it if you don't want that, but next time you do things related to money, read what you're setting up?