Hi I was looking at the peavey 6506+ combo amp but some people say the clean's are not the best. My budget would be around $600 to $700, home an gig, new or used don't matter, an Burlington Ia is my loctaion.

I like to play metal/core so I would need some good high distortion , but I need some good clean's as I have recently got into Joe Satriani. Can you guy's help me find this amp?
Are you really interested in a new amp?
You seem to start alot of these threads
You could possibly find a mesa rectoverb or 2 ch. recto
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Yes I know I have because everyday something new come's an I want to find that perfect amp lol. Yes I am interested in a new amp, I just want to make sure I am getting something that fit's everything I need.
Idk your budgets a stretch for the perfect amp.
maybe a jsx?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I know lol. Well for distortion I would want something that can do modern core an Master Of Puppet's and clean's would be Satriani. Can the JSX do all of that?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^easily. Has an active eq, so itll cover a LOT of ground.
Btw the 333 is a JSX copy.

It's the 333XL

the JSX (or a ripoff) has sufficient gain to get you the brootz, the only problem is the JSX doesn't have a aggressive character for the brootalz.

Where you'd want a "smash a junkie's face in and stomp his mouth" character, the JSX tends to have a "smooth than a junkies butthole before prison" character.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I love your bum analogies
Btw Bunny is broken.

Haha analogies tend to make everything a little more interesting, even if it does occasionally sound offensive lol.

What's broken? What do you see?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Depends on what you want to do more of. Generally I'd get an XXX (or Bugera 333) as an in between and then get the ice 9 OD for Satch distortions.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Well I posted what I am looking for or wanting in a amp. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right one for what I'm wanting but if not I'll just stick with 6505+ and make it work.
The 6505+ head is a good choice. The combo isn't.

A XXX is also good, it has the gain and the cleans, but the voicing is just different than your typical 6505 tone. It can work perfectly well though, if you like it.

There's also the Peavey Vypyr Tube which is a great amp, and close to unbeatable at versatility. Great tone to be had here considering how cheap it is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X