I use it to boost my Way Huge Swollen Pickle.

A Big Muff Pi is an overdrive pedal, right?
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
I use it to boost my Way Huge Swollen Pickle.

A Big Muff Pi is an overdrive pedal, right?

I'm pretty sure Big Muffs are Fuzz pedals.

I've got a Danelectro Pure Drive O/D, and I use it by itself to add a bit of crunch to my clean sound, and I also use it in front of my Big Muff for my leads. I find it cleans up the fuzz and lets it cut through the mix better than the Muff by itself.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I'm pretty sure Big Muffs are Fuzz pedals.

Disregard my last post--apparently I don't own an overdrive pedal.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by Vendetta V
actually been wondering how everybody's using their overdrives? do you use it for clean boost for your tube amp?

yeah mainly this one

Quote by Vendetta V
do you use the overdrive mixed with the boos?

i'm not that bad... i don't get booed that often

Quote by Vendetta V
just the overdrive?

occasionally

Quote by Vendetta V
may be you boost a distotion pedal with it or something?

occasionally
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't like overdrive pedals. I just roll the volume up on my guitar. However, I'm probably gunna be getting an LPB-1 in the near future.
I use it as a Bass-tightener. basically,

Output : Max
Gain: Min
Level/Tone: wherever sounds good.

this is good for amps with a really fat and wobbly bass sound that you want to tighten for palm muting and chugging riffs.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I use the ts-9 on my rp to boost the amp models.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i usually use mine for leads in conjuction with my amps distortion. don't really do the clean boost thing i use a little of the pedals dirt to add to my existing dirt for leads as well as the eq to help the lead sound stand out. i also use it cranked up thru the clean channel as it has a different distortion sound than my amp naturally produces. i use the Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive.
I don't use my amp's distortion much at all. I set my amp so that it breaks up the slightest bit when I hit the strings really hard, then use a two-channel overdrive/distortion for anything heavier than that.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
at home, band practice and gigs mostly.

sometimes to hold the door open, it's heavy enough.

or sometime i used it tighten up the gain on my ax efx. low end is so damn flabby, shouldda waited for version 2.2.
I use either my Bad Monkey or my MXR Classic Distortion in front of an already distorted channel on my Flextone. I'm surprised it works as well as it does, with the modelling and what not..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I use either my Bad Monkey or my MXR Classic Distortion in front of an already distorted channel on my Flextone. I'm surprised it works as well as it does, with the modelling and what not..

right? cause that treadplate model is way to flabby and it just works great
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
depends on what amp i'm using.

if it's a solid state or a non master volume tube amp that can't be boosted into overdrive unless the volume is retardedly loud, i'll use an OD just like i would use a distortion pedal, and use a compressor to boost the overdrive pedal for solos, but if i'm getting drive from a tube amp i'll use an OD pedal as a solo boost to add a little bit of gain and presence.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I've used my TS9 in all sorts of ways, usually it's a boost to my gain channel, but yesterday, on stage, I used it for a slight grit to my clean tone, sounded beautiful, gave it that feel of having the clean channel pushed, without it actually being pushed.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I've used my TS9 in all sorts of ways, usually it's a boost to my gain channel, but yesterday, on stage, I used it for a slight grit to my clean tone, sounded beautiful, gave it that feel of having the clean channel pushed, without it actually being pushed.

so you used it to push the clean channel and it sounded like a clean channel being pushed but it wasn't.

makes perfect sense.
Quote by gregs1020
so you used it to push the clean channel and it sounded like a clean channel being pushed but it wasn't.

makes perfect sense.
It shouldn't. He didn't say he wanted to push the clean channel.
Yeah, it makes no sense
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Vendetta V

also

nice

I have a DOD YJM308 that I use mainly as a clean boost, once I modded it though I was able to get some decent lower gain tones over my clean channel.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I set it to CRUSHING and play a-minor penatonics.

srs faces on however, i use the Ts9 to boost the lead channel
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by gregs1020

makes perfect sense.

I know it does. Try it, it works to a degree, it's not exactly like the real thing, but it does work.
When it was still working: As a light distortion, like they were originally meant to be used. Also stacked after a fuzz to get an awesome gnarly distortion sound.

Now: As a cool lookin' paper weight.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Depends on what amp i'm using really.

On the amp i have now a peavey ultra plus i dont use overdrives as a clean boost since i feel its fine as is..

I do sometimes use an od on the clean channel though for bl00zak and such