Hey guys, I just changed my strings last night and now the frets are buzzing. The new strings are the same gauge as the old ones, but I'm an idiot and took off all the strings at once then added the new ones. Thats probably my problem right there but I'm not sure. I let it sit overnight to see if the string tension would pull it back to how it was but its still buzzing. Maybe I just need to adjust the truss rod slightly, but I don't want to do any damage to the neck. Its not severe buzzing but you can hear it through the amp on some frets and it was PERFECTLY set up before I changed the strings. No fret buzz whatsoever. I looked down the neck to see a bow but honestly I can't see anything. I'm no expert but it looks pretty straight. So I really have no idea.
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I hope you do realize that new strings tend to buzz a little. If that's not it, then I have no idea. Posting a video would be of great help.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
it's not the frets. the wound strings sound that way when they're new
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Really? I've never heard of that. Well that would explain it I guess. So it should go away on its own within some playing time?
Guitars:
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Chorus
EHX Small Stone Phaser
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
You should let the guitar sit for a day before trying to adjust your neck. The neck bends after you take all of your strings off and bends again when you put new ones on. It takes a good amount of time for the neck to settle. Tune it up and let it sit overnight. Come back tomorrow, and make very slight adjustments to your action, let it sit for about an hour, then check it again and repeat if necessary. It's a slow process.

Your neck should have a slight dip. If it's completely straight, the strings don't have enough room to vibrate without hitting your frets.

In most cases, the neck will adjust itself to the previous tension after a day or so with the new strings on and it tuned up.
Also; if there are temperature or humidity changes, this will happen even with the string on the guitar.