Okay guys so here's the deal. I've had this guitar for about a year and a half with no problems so far and all of a sudden it stopped working. It has active pickups so I changed the battery and still no sound is coming out of it. It's not the volume knob, tried that already. And it's not the cable or amp because I plugged in another guitar and it worked just fine. Any ideas? Please and thanks
Quote by Oroborous
Okay guys so here's the deal. I've had this guitar for about a year and a half with no problems so far and all of a sudden it stopped working. It has active pickups so I changed the battery and still no sound is coming out of it. It's not the volume knob, tried that already. And it's not the cable or amp because I plugged in another guitar and it worked just fine. Any ideas? Please and thanks

Check the soldering on the input jack.
when you say it's "not working", you mean you're getting no (amplified) sound when plugged into an amp, right?

First guess is normally the wiring or something like that. Cold solder joint or a connection that's come loose etc..
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pop the pickguard off and see what's going on. There's no magic way of telling what could be wrong with your guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
when you say it's "not working", you mean you're getting no (amplified) sound when plugged into an amp, right?

First guess is normally the wiring or something like that. Cold solder joint or a connection that's come loose etc..

Yea there's no amplified sound. Is that sort of thing easy for me to do? I have no experience working with the wiring of a guitar.
The guitars "Ground wire" might be to long, my 7 string stopped working out of nowhere and I took it to a shop and it turned out the ground wire was to long.
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
Quote by Oroborous
Yea there's no amplified sound. Is that sort of thing easy for me to do? I have no experience working with the wiring of a guitar.

They're simple to work on. I used to have no experience and no money... so I had to learn on my own. This was years before anything closely resembling the internet, so I was totally on my own.

Figured it out and fixed it.

Don't be worried, the worst you could do is just sit there wondering what is wrong. If its that troublesome, then take it in and have it fixed.
Quote by Oroborous

if you can solder there shouldn't be much to it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay I found the problem guys. A wire came loose in the input jack. I'll get it fixed. Thanks!
sweet, at least you know what it is
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?