Playing with several musicians including a drummer.

I always strive to play as cleanly as possible but i was wondering how noticable are them slight imperfections such as when you dont mute properly and you get unwanted noise from strings you aint playing.
When there's more people around, there's a little more noise to soak up mistakes, if you will. that's no excuse not to get your playing as tight as possible, of course, but it does provide a bit of a safety net. Little things like a slightly unmuted string or something won't be quite as obvious.
Well if you know how to cover your ass well and play along with the mistake to make it seem it was meant to be there, then not to noticeable. Good stage presence will help mask them as well.
yeah if you do a mistake you better be trained to keep on playng hahahaha
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Depends how well the mistake 'flows'. If for instance you've just slightly unmuted a string and its in the middle of playing a 16th rhythm pattern, its not going to disrupt a whole lot of the flow because the next musical item is right after it. But say its at the end of a song with an abrupt stop and you've left a string unmuted and a strange flat note rings out when you're whole band has stopped tight - its going to look a bit shitty.

If that does happen, quickly lay some wide vibrato on that son'bitch and kneel at your cab getting hideous amounts of feedback whilst thrusting your body against your guitar.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
not very noticable still try to play cleanly but if you dont mute a string or something it should be fine and unnoticable

now if its only you and a singer....thats a different story
Pretend to have a heart attack and collapse on stage if something like that happens, or just keep on playing, people ain't perfect, neither is their playing.
Quote by Zeletros
Pretend to have a heart attack and collapse on stage if something like that happens, or just keep on playing, people ain't perfect, neither is their playing.

true. not everybody is paul gilbert
Quote by Geldin
When there's more people around, there's a little more noise to soak up mistakes, if you will. that's no excuse not to get your playing as tight as possible, of course, but it does provide a bit of a safety net. Little things like a slightly unmuted string or something won't be quite as obvious.

This is basically it

Its why I like to play gigs with my band, and gigs by myself

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by W4T3V3R
If that does happen, quickly lay some wide vibrato on that son'bitch and kneel at your cab getting hideous amounts of feedback whilst thrusting your body against your guitar.

THIS.

Humping your guitar is a surefire way to make people ignore your mistakes.
Quote by W4T3V3R

Yes!!!! this has got to be the best idea in the history of guitar!