Hi, im a total amp noob, but trying to learn about them, im looking at buying a Blackstar H1-1 combo 1w as a practice amp for home use. Has anyone tried/got this amp? im replacing a line 6 spider, because it does its jobs as just a practice amp, but im writting songs, and they sound a lot better at my friends house, and my guitar covers sound really cheap and digital on my amp, but quite nice on his amp, he uses an old laney amp of some sort.
Im using a schecter guitar with seymor duncan active pickups, a les paul standard with stock pickups and i play mainly metal and hard rock, but also classic rock, blues, and i occasionally attempt buckethead styled stuff.

Im looking for an amp which i can use to get tones from gary moore and AC/DC to avenged sevenfold, i dont mind having to get pedals to help with this so long as they will sound good through my amp

I understand that this amp will almost definatly be an improvement on the spider, but i have a few questions, such as,

Will this amp sound good with pedals such as boss mt 2 metalzone, or a metal muff?

will i need pedals for it? or will i be able to get a range of nice tones from this amp without them?

are their any better alternitives? im looking to spend less than £250 cause im poor lol

i really appriciate replys, and thanks for reading =]
just bear in mind the hts aren't all-tube. not a problem if you like the tone anyway, but just go in with your eyes open.

the ht5 (i say that having tried neither, lol) might be better for what you want, a bit more versatile. though it may be over budget.

I'm struggling to think of anything much else. you can get tube amps well under your budget but most are more aimed at vintage stuff.

maybe a bugera v22 (haven't tried that either, lol) with a boost?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My brother has got that amp, and it's awesome. You can get some really nice, tube-driven sounds out of it while keeping the volume low enough to stay friends with everyone around you. You might want to throw in a distortion pedal (Blackstars own are highly recommended here!) for the br00tz, but it's very good for everything from SRV to Godsmack.
Quote by DarkValo666
My brother has got that amp, and it's awesome. You can get some really nice, tube-driven sounds out of it while keeping the volume low enough to stay friends with everyone around you.

hurhur

Quote by DarkValo666
You might want to throw in a distortion pedal (Blackstars own are highly recommended here!) for the br00tz, but it's very good for everything from SRV to Godsmack.

aren't the ht amps' preamps based on the ht pedals? in other words... what's the point?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

aren't the ht amps' preamps based on the ht pedals? in other words... what's the point?

Yes, you're right. But that makes it a good idea, for it gives you some extra gain whithout affecting the actual sound too much. At least that's what my experience is.
Quote by DarkValo666
Yes, you're right. But that makes it a good idea, for it gives you some extra gain whithout affecting the actual sound too much. At least that's what my experience is.

i guess

but i mean if that's all you want/need a clean boost might work too, for less.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The HT-1 isn't bad, but if you can stretch for it definitely go for the HT-5. I've used both and owned the HT-5 for over a year. Just got sick of it.

It can do almost anything except for modern metal/deathcrap/djent.

I wouldn't suggest boosting it or anything, it doesn't run well with it. I used a Bad Monkey with mine, got sick of that quick. It sounds better on it's own. If you really need more gain than what it has, look for something else.

And now if you get the Ht-1/5 they have reverb.. Mine didn't
thanks for all the replies, i am now checking out the blackstar thread, i didnt know one existed, and i shall check out the bugera v22 aswell. I only posted because the guitar shops near me dont really stock anything assides marshalls, line 6 and stuff aimed at vintage sounds :P and yeah, i would probably be looking at boosting this a bit for some modern metal, so ill have to consider other options. Ill probs still check this out, but if it doesent sound good for modern metal ill have to recosider cause i do play some of that ^^ thanks again for the replies, amps confuse me