G'd evenin gents,
I was in a band for about three years and then it kinda fell apart. I didnt really play much after that but now (6 months later) i really enjoy playing alone and play more than ever. I can get lost in the music way more and play with more emotion. BUT I miss jamming with other people and sometimes I'm very unproductive alone.

So what do you prefer: playing guitar alone or with a band/ other musicians?
I like playing in a band, although it gets frustrating being the better gutarist and trying to maintain minimum levels of natural guitarist's arrogance. I also enjoy playing alone. Depend wether I want to practice and seriously try to write song or mess around with my band.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I prefer playing in a band. But I find I'm more productive playing alone if i'm trying to write stuff or practice properly
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
None of my friends play music, so I just do it alone. Sometimes I play while they're around, but they get bored of it and so do I because I suck.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I prefer not playing at all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I very much enjoy playing alone, but I find jamming with others to be much more rewarding. I get much more into what I'm doing, and just all around love the feeling of making music in unison with someone else.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I've never played with anyone else. Too self conscious. I know I suck and everyone else is better

this man needs more distortion
Quote by Xiaoxi

Are you solely a composer?
Quote by Xiaoxi

OOOOoooooh

OT: I usually play alone. Mainly because I find there's no time to do otherwise.
Quote by bradulator
Are you solely a composer?

I guess so. I mean, I still play a bit here and there (kinda have to) but I don't find any enjoyment in performing. Also, I'm awful at jazz and that's been a dream killer lolz.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by 剣 斧 血
it gets frustrating being the better gutarist and trying to maintain minimum levels of natural guitarist's arrogance.

大変た.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I guess so. I mean, I still play a bit here and there (kinda have to) but I don't find any enjoyment in performing. Also, I'm awful at jazz and that's been a dream killer lolz.

Right on.

Quote by Guitar_Jester
He be trollin'...

With people. ANYBODY. Get a guy to bang some spoons together and hold a rhythm, I'll be good with it.

Music is a language and talking to yourself isn't much fun.. In sobriety anyways. Always awesome finding people you have good chemistry with to and just making something out of nothing.

Both need to be done to best grow as a player, you can work on your technique and stuff alone and bring that to a band and help improve sense of the groove and your reactions to what other players do amongst other things.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Both. Most musicians around here suck. When I find someone that is as good as me and we get along, it's awesome. If they're better than me, even more awesome. I also find playing alone to be a pleasure. both are different experiences, and I feel that both are necessary to become a better musician.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I've never played with anyone else. Too self conscious. I know I suck and everyone else is better

this

Actually I have played with other people a few times, but it wasn't really a jam or anything.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 1, 2011,
Alone. I really am one of the worst guitarists you will ever hear.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I really enjoy both to be honest. Nothing beats the feeling of playing on stage with a band and having a great time. That being said, I do love those late nights where I just jam alone in the basement and come up with new things. I really miss being in a band though, hopefully I can start one up soon seeing as I finally got some dudes who are all down to start one.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by TheAbsentOne

I know that feel.