Hello.

I have Pro Tools LE7.4 and I downloaded (illegaly, torrent, might be worth mentioning) Fxpansion VST to RTAS adaptor. When I wrap the vsts it seems to work in the program, no error messages etc. But when I look in the Plug-in folder of Pro Tools, no WV_ files (i.e. wrapped) shows up and furthermore, none of the plugins show up in pro tools. I think there might be an error in the path where Fxpansion puts the wrapped files, as I downloaded it illegaly. Are there any way I can set this path manually?

Thanks in advance
Just use kristal or reaper, works very much like pro tools, but better than your outdated illegal file.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I like pro tools, theres no point having the half assed digi/avid hardware just to use reaper with it, pt is much more powerful.

Theyre "vwxxx.dpm" files.

They show up under there own category in the plugin list "wrapped plugins"

I really reccomend upgrading to LE8 btw.

The default output should be your protools plugins folder.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

If it isnt that folder you may have to edit some regustry settings.

If you are using stereo plugins, you will have to use a stereo track or they wont show up in the plugin list.

Make sure pt isnt open when youre wrapping.
Quote by beckyjc
I like pro tools, theres no point having the half assed digi/avid hardware just to use reaper with it, pt is much more powerful.

If you are using stereo plugins, you will have to use a stereo track or they wont show up in the plugin list.

Did all of that, and yes, that is the plug-in folder but I think the Fxpansion that I have uses a different path. Do you know how to edit the registry thingies to change that path? Shouldn't be too hard
Quote by beckyjc

I wasn't sure if TS had Digi/Avid hardware. Do the torrented versions need to have digi hardware to function? Isn't a protools license tied to each box anyways? Upon transferring ownership of the unit, you should be able to get all the related licenses (except plugins) transferred over.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I wasn't sure if TS had Digi/Avid hardware. Do the torrented versions need to have digi hardware to function? Isn't a protools license tied to each box anyways? Upon transferring ownership of the unit, you should be able to get all the related licenses (except plugins) transferred over.

I have a Mbox Got it used and PT followed with the "package".
I had a quick look in the registry but i cant find anything. Try reinstalling it, make sure the version your using is compatible with PT7, try some other plugins too, maybe its a bad vst.

Yeah the torrented versions still need digi hardware, no way around that yet till yknow, someone cracks 9.

You still have to pay for a crossgrade, and its only applicable to the newer mboxes i believe. Ive still got an old one i got for pittance off ebay. Great interface. Im certainly not paying £200 for the mini that has one less channel and no spdif.