Not quite phobias by definition, but similar in nature. A fear so severe that you just lose your ability to think rationally and go on instinct alone. The difference here is that they make sense, but they're a tad far fetch'd. I suppose in the end you could just call em phobias and say **** it.

Anyway, I have a severe fear of storms of any kind. After the system that tore up Joplin Missouri came through my town and uprooted several trees, along with some tornado warnings and a few touchdowns not far from me, I developed a severe fear of thunderstorms. Its so bad that everytime I see a cloud in the sky I check the weather channels website. Hell I'm on there right now. It may have something to do with the fact that I never dealt with this shit in California, and the threat of tornados ****ing my shit up is deathly frightening. I live about 50 minutes southeast of Harrisburg for those in PA.

So, does anyone else have something like this? A fear that makes sense, but for you it goes into overkill mode?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

is this trolling?

lol, clouds are everywhere, you might as well be afraid of light and sound
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I was terrified of heights so I took up rock climbing. I'm like Courage Wolf.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
is this trolling?

lol, clouds are everywhere, you might as well be afraid of light and sound

No its not trolling. I go into panic mode at the thought of a thunderstorm.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm somewhat the same with you. Only if it's like a crazy shitstorm though. Like thunder, all black outside and crazy winds. And when a Tornado Watch shows up on the TV. I almost have the need to hide under the picnic table in the basement.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
i don't like telecommunicating with people i know irl anymore. my phone's been off for the last week or so, i appear offline on pretty much everything and last time i turned my phone on i got a panic attack the minute i started getting texts.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I live right outside Philly, so I'm not too far from you. We almost never get tornados around here. I don't think you have to worry so much about that.

OT my fear would be the ocean. I have an in-ground pool that I swim in almost every day, so I would say that I'm a pretty good swimmer. But the thought of being in the ocean scares the shit out of me. I won't go any deeper than when the water is about waist to chest height.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I was terrified of heights so I took up rock climbing. I'm like Courage Wolf.

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it"

The only fear I have, not sure if its just paranoia or what TS is talking about, but intimidating looking people, or a group of loud shouting thugs in hoodies walking towards me, or someone who has been following me for while.... I ain't getting mugged again
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Quote by WCPhils
I live right outside Philly, so I'm not too far from you. We almost never get tornados around here. I don't think you have to worry so much about that.

OT my fear would be the ocean. I have an in-ground pool that I swim in almost every day, so I would say that I'm a pretty good swimmer. But the thought of being in the ocean scares the shit out of me. I won't go any deeper than when the water is about waist to chest height.

Well I know that it's very rare, but the fear is still very much there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I am horribly, severely afraid of needles. Even typing this out to explain it is making me anxious, because I have to think of them.

From an evolutionary standpoint, this makes sense. Why wouldn't you be afraid of being stabbed with sharp things?

Unfortunately, it is also one of the few phobias that can actually kill you, because of the rise in blood pressure brought on by the anxiety from the fear, followed by the drop in blood pressure when you're actually stabbed with the needle.
Quote by valennic
Well I know that it's very rare, but the fear is still very much there.

Yeah, I know they sometimes happen. I was just trying to ease your fear
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Yeah, I know they sometimes happen. I was just trying to ease your fear

Much appreciated. I'm just not sure theres much that can do that

I keep telling myself that they're very rare, but shit just doesn't register.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Much appreciated. I'm just not sure theres much that can do that

I keep telling myself that they're very rare, but shit just doesn't register.

I know the feeling. I used to be terrified of elevators. I don't even know why, nothing ever happened when I was on one or anything. I've gotten over it though.

Fears are weird.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by valennic
No its not trolling. I go into panic mode at the thought of a thunderstorm.

Sounds like an actual phobia to me. I'm personally emetophobic.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I am one of those incredibly boring people that doesn't afraid of anything.

Although I'm mildly unnerved by the thought of deep, seemingly bottomless seas.
I don't like spiders near me. Or alot of just wierd-ass, multi-legged bug-things near me either. Creep me out man.
I have a very strong dislike of needles - I won't say a fear, but when I have to get a shot, my pulse rises and adrenaline kicks in. Apparently I go sheet white when the needle goes in, but I can't verify that.

I hate being in deep water. It scares the shit out of me, especially if you can't see through the water. Deed swimming pools are about all I can take (and even then, sometimes not). I don't mind boat rides or jetskis, but swimming is out of the question.
I love thunderstorms.

Spiders for me I guess. I don't freak out when I see one but I am scared of getting bit by a venomous one like any normal person would be.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I am one of those incredibly boring people that doesn't afraid of anything.

Although I'm mildly unnerved by the thought of deep, seemingly bottomless seas.

I hate the thought of open ocean, in conjunction with this.

I'm also unsettled by illustrated voids. Like in cartoons when for some reason the character ends up in simple white space. Think Squidward in the time machine episode. Or the Williams Street logo.

Fuck that.
Quote by blake1221
I hate the thought of open ocean, in conjunction with this.

I'm also unsettled by illustrated voids. Like in cartoons when for some reason the character ends up in simple white space. Think Squidward in the time machine episode. Or the Williams Street logo.

Fuck that.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhiteVoidRoom

So you know what its called
Water, nuff said

Sometimes people chase me with spray bottles
And showering/bathing i find really difficult too
Beetles. If one of those big black ones with the long antennae flies near me I panic and duck or run
Heights. It's not a phobia with me, I'm just a little uneasy in high places, but it's a fear that's perfectly rational. If you fall from a high place, you will die.
Deep water, the one where you can't see the bottom, specially sea water. It's not a crippling fear, I mean I can still swim in open water, but is just the heavy filling when you look down and you can't really see anything underneath you?
Trains terrify me. And as a trainspotter, that's somewhat of a handicap.

And no, I'm not making that up.

Oh and it is a rational fear, because the thought of something that weighs well over 100 tonnes driving into me at 125mph is well... that makes sense.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Last edited by vulgarmachine at Aug 1, 2011,
Quote by Primus2112
Aneurysm

one of my fav nirvana songs
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
i only have 1 phobia, vomit.

probably because i've never thrown up in my life. i have a cast iron gut.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Have you ever been punched in the jejunum?

nope. have been kicked though.