hey so i have a question about recording drums. I've got an electric drumset that has a Midi out plug. If I were to buy a midi cable and an interface with a midi plug or a midi-to-usb converter (if those exist?), as well as something called EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums, would I be able to record myself playing my electric drums directly and have the sound of it being recorded with the software vsts from the EZ Drummer/Addictive Drums?

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I just wanna be able to record drums but the sounds on my electric drum set sounds awful so I was wondering if that process would help it.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Well, you could use the electric drum kit to trigger sounds in EZDrummer.

However, if you any experience inputting midi, you could just get EZDrummer and put in the midi manually rather than play it in. It would save you alot of money on an interface which would probably have latency issues unless it was pretty good quality.
Yes.

You can run a MIDI cable out of the drum module you have to the MIDI input on your interface, set the track you're recording to to record the MIDI input of your interface and click the monitor button on it to hear it live through the headphones plugged into your interface (not the drum module).

To record the sound coming right out of the module, you can just connect a cord from the audio output(s) to the input(s) of your interface.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by willT08
Well, you could use the electric drum kit to trigger sounds in EZDrummer.

However, if you any experience inputting midi, you could just get EZDrummer and put in the midi manually rather than play it in. It would save you alot of money on an interface which would probably have latency issues unless it was pretty good quality.

Yea that was actually what I was hoping I could do. It makes making the beats a lot easier for me. So by doing this, I could play the rhythm I want manually on my electric drum set, but the sound that will be recorded and heard would be the sound kit on the software right?

Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes.

You can run a MIDI cable out of the drum module you have to the MIDI input on your interface, set the track you're recording to to record the MIDI input of your interface and click the monitor button on it to hear it live through the headphones plugged into your interface (not the drum module).

To record the sound coming right out of the module, you can just connect a cord from the audio output(s) to the input(s) of your interface.

Do you know if there is a midi-to-usb cable out there? I don't actually have an interface at the moment, but if there is a cable that can do this I wouldn't mind getting it. And I have done the audio output thing straight into my mic input, but that didn't turn out that great. Plus I hate the onboard sounds that the drumset comes with as it sounds very very unnatural and bad, which is why I wanted to know if EZ Drummer/Addictive Drums would remedy this.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by EncoreBlade
Yea that was actually what I was hoping I could do. It makes making the beats a lot easier for me. So by doing this, I could play the rhythm I want manually on my electric drum set, but the sound that will be recorded and heard would be the sound kit on the software right?

Yes.

Quote by EncoreBlade
Do you know if there is a midi-to-usb cable out there? I don't actually have an interface at the moment, but if there is a cable that can do this I wouldn't mind getting it. And I have done the audio output thing straight into my mic input, but that didn't turn out that great. Plus I hate the onboard sounds that the drumset comes with as it sounds very very unnatural and bad, which is why I wanted to know if EZ Drummer/Addictive Drums would remedy this.

Sure, the M-Audio Midisport Uno:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-USB-Uno-1X1-MIDI-Interface-101962629-i1154079.gc
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com